for the smokers here...and former smokers

by missy04 20 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

"i was out of my menthols and attempted to smoke one of a friends camels .. ICK are they made of camel poo? bleah!"

Yup, made the mistake of doing that as well. Although nothing compares to the time I settled for a menthol full flavored GPC...I think I blacked out just after I smoked it.

• missy04
    missy04

LMAO@Lostreality!!!

while on duty at work one day (a few months ago) i decided to take a golf cart over to the nearest 7-11 (about half a mile away) in broad daylight, riding this gas powered golf cart down the sidewalk at 25 miles per hour, just to get back before my boss noticed i was gone....
  • new light
    new light

Ohhhh.....you meant tobacco smokers. I'll show myself out.

• Jez
    Jez

Ok, I am not a smoker, but my hubby was/is. I use both tenses because he did quit but every once in a while, like 2x a month, it hits him and he wants one. How does he get it? Starts a fight with me. We never fight, but when he wants a smoke, he starts one. Then storms off, makes it out to be my fault somehow, goes to the bedroom, gets him emergecy ciggie, storms outside, smokes it....remember this is all my fault that he is smoking, needs to destress he says, or has had a hard day and I just made it worse somehow. Comes back in, calm and sorry. It is bullshit, I never accept his apology but just ignore the whole thing bec I know it is an addiction and sometimes he will do ANYTHING to get his fix. He is recognizing that this is what he is doing so now, if he needs one, I tell him, just go get it, don't ease your conscience by needed a 'valid' excuse.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hey Missy. I can sympathize. I smoked for years - quit -started again - quit...yadda yadda. Now I still smoke the occasional one (like when I'm out at with my girlfriend who still smokes).

When I was still a smoker, I once walked about 3 miles in a very "non tourist" area of Mexico at about 10:00pm at night to get a pack of cigarettes. I should have known better - but I was quite a bit younger than I am now, and "under the influence of tequila"

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I dont think I've ever done anything too crazy. Maybe after a drink, without a smoke, offering people a dollar for one cigarette. But I have had many occassion, when after a few drinks, I've lit my cigarette backwards. One New Years Eve party when I had just gotten out of highschool, I smoked the whole damn thing backwards without ever noticing ;)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Had only smoked occasionally while I was pregant, and those air cigarettes, too (Carltons)! Two hours after delivering my child in a Catholic hospital, my husband went back to work that morning, I put on my clothes, walked out of the hospital (they didn't sell cigarettes in the hospital at that hour of the morning), two miles to a 7-11, and got FOUR packs of Marlboro short reds. It was soooooooo good! Smoked at least a pack on that short walk back, and got a stern chewing out by the nurses about leaving the hospital right after having a baby, bleeding complications, liability.. blah blah blah. I didn't hear the whole thing cuz I was on a nicotine buzz. Snort... hehheheh.

Country Girl

• Brummie
    Brummie
    OK can someone just delete this thread..

Hahaha too funny. I once cut open a teabag and rolled the tealeaves up to try and substitute running out of tobacco, but dont tell anyone. Oh, couldnt smoke it though, it doesnt taste the same without milk and sugar. Brummie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I buy cigarettes by the carton so I always have plenty around.

One guy rides his bicycle to buildings around my workplace with a plastic bag and goes through the ashtrays looking for butts. He comes by my workplace the same time every day.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

ex-smoker here.

When I was quitting, I threw away all the cigs in the house. I got to where I wanted a drag so bad I smoked the butts left in ashtrays around the house. It was disgusting. But it took the edge off.

Yup, made the mistake of doing that as well. Although nothing compares to the time I settled for a menthol full flavored GPC...I think I blacked out just after I smoked it.
    Those butts I was smoking were better than a GPC! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit