for the smokers here...and former smokers

by missy04 20 Replies latest jw friends

• missy04
    missy04

What is the most ridiculous things you have done for a cigarette?

I would have to say that walking three miles in very cold weather without really knowing where I was going..trying to find a gas station...and without a warm coat!!..yah that would be the dumbest thing I've ever done to get a cigarette...that was about..ohh..umm...three days ago. I know...really dumb.

I'm sure I'll get anti-nicoteen posts here,...I know it's not healthy and all,..shame shame on me.

• missy04
    missy04

ok..I'm feeling dumb now already....please someone say I am not the only one who does crazy stuff for nicoteen like that lol.....or maybe I am

• missy04
    missy04

OK can someone just delete this thread..

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

(((((missy)))))

I don't smoke so I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I just wanted to say not to feel bad about yourself. I'm sure what you describe is very common. It's late at night....I bet when you wake up, you'll find some responses to this thread....

• Quotes
    Quotes

I don't smoke ciggies, but do have the occaissonal cigar. Most ridiculous cigar story: buying a box of (counterfiet) Cuban Cohibas while in Cuba: they don't take crime (especially cigar counterfieting) lightly in that country, I don't want to think about what could have happened!

Oh, and I'm not positive, but I suspected the tour guide that sold them to me was a JW; just a hunch on my part, and I never inquired, but I got that JW vibe (you all know what I'm talking about, right?)

The good news: although not genuine Cohiba, they were genuine IMITATION Cohiba, hand rolled with Cuban tobacco. They were great cigars (right Beans?)

~Quotes, of the "Breezes Veradero" class

• missy04
    missy04

thanks, Leolaia I feel a little better now.

I tried to delete the thread earlier but it wouldn't let me

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i was out of my menthols and attempted to smoke one of a friends camels .. ICK are they made of camel poo? bleah!

did you know 9 out of 10 men who try camels, prefer women? haha

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Oh Missy, dear heart! When I was about 15, I used to panhandle for money, then dress up and buy smokes with the proceeds. My sister, best friend Sam, and I used to walk several miles to Johnnies Liquor store, or to the G/K mart down the street to buy our smokes. I used to smoke on the roof with my best friend Sam and sing. We used to climb up these hillsides covered in boulders, find the highest boulder we could, and climb it to get a better look at the stars. Then, of course, the victory smoke at the top of the climb. Ten years later, I'm still a smoker, and wish to hell I never started. I have asthma now, never did before. Quit while you're ahead, love, it only goes downhill from here.

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

missy, i got ya topped.

while on duty at work one day (a few months ago) i decided to take a golf cart over to the nearest 7-11 (about half a mile away) in broad daylight, riding this gas powered golf cart down the sidewalk at 25 miles per hour, just to get back before my boss noticed i was gone....

yes..i had a golf cart to drive around..it was a really big job.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

NZ has just banned smoking in bars.

Tonight I walked to the pub in a howling gale and driving rain so that I could have a smoke before I got there.

I could have taken the courtesy bus.

Then I walked home again so that I could have a fag on the way.

I stopped at another bar on the way home to see if any of my mates were there and it was completely deserted, ON A FRIDAY NIGHT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit