Tap Dancing BroBennett

by Golf 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

These sexual preditors have it too easy these days since the United States keeps on protecting the people who are commiting these crimes. True, having the need for two witnesses should never be a rule even if it is in the bible to do so. I doubt that it is even considered a humane or just rule. Some things you just don't consider 100% before dedication.

The only solution would be to restore a childs faith and to give powers back to the abused with just one witness. The second best thing would be to take away a mans right to be head of the household since most crimes happen under the family roof.

I am still trying to open up my mind to other solutions so stop questioning me since I didn't come up all the JW rules. I am not aware of all the child abuse cases and you never know who to trust anymore on the internet, it is mainly an individual struggle to find truth.

Have you ever heard of the word tact and consideration? Most posters dislike my current faith but feel sorry for people who have been mislead.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You are a charlatan, a fake who does not even have the decency to be what you claim you are. Stop using a subject like this for your own perverse enjoyment. The game is up. Stop it, or I will.

• Odrade
    Odrade

BT, what do you mean? Do you think "BroBennett" is collecting stories, or just trying to upset us?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

BroBennet is not what he says he is, and I've had enough of his little games.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Most posters dislike my current faith but feel sorry for people who have been mislead.

Why do I get the distinct feeling you haven't been misled?

stop questioning me since I didn't come up all the JW rules.

"I just preach it, I don't know why... it isn't my fault the Organization is so screwed up."

The only solution would be to restore a childs faith and to give powers back to the abused with just one witness. The second best thing would be to take away a mans right to be head of the household since most crimes happen under the family roof.

Both those solutions would help ease the emotional trauma - a part of the ordeal you seem to care nothing about. Of course, since in their still forming minds Jehovah is currently supposed to protect them it will be kind of hard to restore their faith in him, don't you think?

We know that the Company has taken creative license with the Bible (e.g. in cases of rape, two eye witnesses to the actual crime were not required) in order to shield themselves from prosecution. We know they do not consider two separate reports from two separate children - sometimes in two separate cities - stand as two witnesses against a person.

We know they place this "gnat" of a scriptural point as above even common sense decency, much as the Pharisees who challenged Jesus for gleaning a handful of wheat.

We know they use the specter of being considered an "immature Christian" to almost as devious an effect as threatening to disfellowship in silencing those who would go forward with criminal charges. If you want to pretend that this knowledge equates to a demand to restore the child's faith or to take away a man's right as head of household, please do it somewhere else. If you are playing games here, it is hurtful to those who have actually experienced the pain of what you are playing about - which would make you a mean person, that is low, ignoble, petty, and unkind.

BTW: Brainwashing centers are illegal in most countries. Might want to heed Caesar a bit more closely there, "Brother" Bennet, since there are no scriptural principles in favor of what you recommended.

• BroBennett
    BroBennett

I agree 100% that it is not right to have a rule where you need two people. [deleted] As far as not having a head for the household, it might do more harm than good.

Just let me take in this new information and digest it more fully before breathing down my neck for having a doubt every now and then. I have been told so long to place pieces of the puzzle together and to be patient for many years, it will take some time to gather up some sence of direction again.

BTW this is a very touchy subject for most, and very hard to compromise since it is a detestable sin. So I am truly sorry for any kind of rash judgements that I made about the Silent Lambs Org.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    very hard to compromise since it is a detestable sin

Get this through your head, please... it is hard for some to compromise because it happened to them! It makes it much more personal when it is yourself or a family member that has been abused. I was in therapy for months dealing with the trauma. My wife has never had professional therapy for her long term abuse (not by a JW) because she was already a JW when she remembered the abuse. She thought it was just molestation. For a long time she didn't even remember she had been raped. Now our elders and the WT infer that she shouldn't get professional help but she should throw herself into personal study. I encourage her to disregard them because I can get inexpensive psychotherapy for her as an employee benefit. I struggle with her insecurity and lack of self-esteem on a daily basis. She has spells of depression that last weeks and she gets suicidal at times.

You call people unkind who let you hijack threads to spout your views? Despite the fact that many of us have seen up close and personal the long-term horrible effects that molestation as a child can bring? The people in here let you talk. Praised your questions. Accepted your sarcastic crap in what can only be considered the absolute BEST form considering that they all were probably just as inspired as me to curse you a blue streak before showing you the door.

I fought that down. They did, too. For the sake of abuse survivors and their families, show some human decency. Real people - not invisible online ghosts that can't be hurt - have treated you pretty well considering your attitude in their house. Return the courtesy, ass.

• Golf
    Golf

BroBennett, the forum has once 'again' given you sound information to digest. Yes, it is a touchy subject to those who have experienced abuse in one form or another. Yes, it is a touchy subject especially when a person of your attitude makes them 'feel' it's their fault, they are to blame. You don't realize how off base you are! The forum members have given you time to spout your views and in turn you have shown disrespect and contempt for their time & views. They have shown you patience and courtesy. What have YOU shown? Is this attitude of yours Christlike? I'm still waiting for my questions to be addressed. Guest77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit