What Will Occur In 2012 When Mayan Calender Ends?

by Big Jim 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

WHAT WILL OCCUR IN 2012 WHEN THE MAYAN CALENDAR ENDS?

When people say the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, they're referring to the end of one 5125-year cycle that began in 3114 B.C. This cycle ends on December 21, 2012 (although some peg the date as the 22nd), marking the end of the Mayan cyclical calendar. Some theorize this will result in major "Earth changes (an idea popularized by Jose Arguelles), including severe earthquakes, coastal land sinking into the ocean, and the transporting of humankind to a "fourth dimension" state of consciousness. Others believe it will cause a reawakening of hidden knowledge in the human DNA, causing the human race to seek a path of initiation. Another theory postulates the date marks the collapse of linear time. An off-shoot of that says the date marks the discovery of "time travel," making linear time -- although still present -- obsolete.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

December 23, 2012

• Hojon
    Hojon

Or maybe, just maybe, it will be the first day of winter 2012, and I'll be 41.5 years old.

Then again that could be the date the mothership returns. Or the turtle that the earth sits on decides to quit holding us all up.

• JanH
    JanH

So why should these people know anything about when the "end of the world" would come? They weren't able to survive as a nation, and yet they should have supernatural knowledge?

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• LDH
    LDH

Well, if I'm not dead before then, since it's my birthday, I'll be leaving my thirties and heading into my forties. YECCH!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

But most likely he is right. Nothing will happen because the Mayan calendar runs out. In fact it is not going to run out, just start the next cycle.

Good answers Hojon.

• conflicted
    conflicted

My calander runs out every year - I go out and buy a new one.

• Hojon
    Hojon
    My calander runs out every year - I go out and buy a new one.

LOL!

:)

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

The Y2K crash will come 12 years late, since COBOL programmers all used the Mayan calender anyway but since they enjoyed the job security of the pre-2000 panic they just kept quiet about it.
    Microsoft Windows and AOL, also secretly based on the Mayan calender, will also permanently expire, as will Al Gore's microchip. Some people will miss AOL and Windows.
    Ronald Reagan's second coming will occur soon thereafter, ushering in a new era of peace and low taxes and renewed popularity for conservative Republicans and complete destruction of commies forever.
    I'll be 41 and dating the Olsen Twins.
    mike.

"Well done, Blind Squirrel! You've found an impressive nut!

• messenger
    messenger

A mexican will fart.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit