Headquarters of 'TBN'--vs. Brooklyn

by LDH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Bigboi, you're right, it's sickening. But just think, TBN could do maybe one tenth of what the WBTS could do to help the poor.

LDH

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I was on TBN several times in my pastor days, talking about Jehovah's Witnesses. On TV in the main evening show and on morning TV. They apparently would not let Walter Martin on the show because he stirred up too much re: their style, so Jan Crouch read my book ("Refuting Jehovah's Witnesses"), liked it, and said I could come on the show and say anything I wanted. :-))

They are a crazy bunch, reminds me of all the Word-Faith people in Texas. :-0
    Randy

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Jan Crouch's pink hair! OMG! She does this weeping thing, very effective, I've heard her tell the 'dolls to Haiti' story at least four times ( compulsive channel surfing+morbid curiosity=lotsa time logged on televangelists of all sorts...I get praying for Brother Angley to get a new hairpiece, for Pat Robertson to lose that little tremor, for Jan's eyelash to stay on her eyelid when the mascara starts runnin'...but I digress... ). That woman can cry buckets right on cue, it's a miraculous gift I just know it.

I especially love TBN's excrementally opulent Christmas displays. Next year I hope to see a gigantic multi-tiered birthday cake for Baby Jesus in the mix. Maybe Mary Magdalene could pop out of it periodically, SURPRISE, Baby Jesus, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! All done in tasteful white lights of course, colored lights are so vulgar...

Loving our brethren at TBN,
    Mommie Dark

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Kick Ass!! Excellent! You can only hope to plant a seed...

I'm with Reagan. Beside her having a really great profile picture, she is correct about the seed. I think that we should all make it our goal to plant one seed per dub per year. I don't think that each dub can take much more then that and still talk to you.

Slipnslidemaster: "But at my back I always hear Time's winged chariot hurrying near."
    - Andrew Marvell

• mustang
    mustang

Seen the place? Yup, used to drive by there, but changed my route to work. I haven't seen it since the 'power crisis'(we save 5K$/hr by going to Diesel on an I6 Demand Call; I switch the Diesel over), but it used to be lit up like a light bulb test range. Gaudy is a good description. For some reason, there are some gigantic fig bushes on the right-of-way there; always wondered who gets to pick them.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit