Jay-Hovah uh-huh / uh-huh

by prophecor 10 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Does anyone know what the deal is with rapper Sean Carter, AKA Jay-Z and his refering to himself as Jay-Hovah? Its a pretty close call naming yourself such by JW standards possibly bordering on blasphemy. Does anyone know if he may've been associated with JW's at some time, and if he was, whether his choosing of the name might be a response to his no longer believing the teachings of JWs?

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I'm not totally sure, but I haven't heard anything about him being a JW or XJW.

On the other hand, Jehovah is not used exclusively by the JW's as their god. Isn't Jehovah the name of the Jewish God, too?

• shotgun
    shotgun

I read somewhere he was raised one for a time until his mom got df'd. Should be able to google search some stuff on it.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Not The Jews Too!!!

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

Many rappers refer to themselves as "god's". I think it's just Jay-Z's way of doing that. I never heard that he or his mom were JW's. The Notorious BIG's mother is a JW.

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

Jehovah's not just limited to JWs, more people use it, but don't let the WTS hear you saying that.

I don't know about Jay-Z, but Ja Rule had some loose JW ties when he was a kid. It's likely that Jay-Z has a run in with the JWs as a kid, but I think he's just messing around more than anything.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Surprising how many folx have JW backgrounds, while doing a search on Google, I found by chance a little info on Xhibit and how he was raised as a JW as well, his reason for rapping was spawned by JW pasrents who kept destroying his tapes, so in order to prevent them from silencing his love for rap music, he decided he'd just start rapping on his own, can't take the lyrics out of somebody's heart and mind.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Many Jamaicans also pray to Jehovah. Depending on the quality of the smoke, they sometimes even see him.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LOL! (Old Soul's comment)

I've wondered if he was raised jw's since some of his lyrics seemed like they came right out of a kingdom hall.

"all I need in this life of sin, is me and my girlfriend"

"and no, I ain't perfect, nobody walkin this earth's surface is"

Made me go hmmmm....

• prophecor
    prophecor

What about Eminem? While looking for news on Jay Z, I also run across lyrics from Eminem speaking about molested Jehovah's Witnesses in his " My Words Are Weapons " tune.

A lot of profanity, of course, but the statement towards the end of those lyrics makes me wonder if he may have once been connected or knew someone who was. The anger in the lyrics makes me wonder about his possible past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit