Interesting WT "20th Century" quote......................................

by nicolaou 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Remember this quote;

"The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." {WT Jan 1 1989 12}

'Course we all know that the bound volume and CD changed "20th century" to "day".

The Watchtower don't always cover their tracks however, this is lifted straight from the 2001 CD;

*** kj chap. 12 p. 216 "Until He Comes Who Has the Legal Right" ***

9 Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom.

The book "The Nations shall know that I am Jehovah - How?" continues with the same old dire warnings and hypocrisy as always.

Now is no time for anyone in Christendom to rely on any righteousness on the basis of his own merits and to boast of his own self-righteousness.

Yeah right...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    'Course we all know that the bound volume and CD changed "20th century" to "day".

I didn't know that.

Kwin

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here ya go kwin... something to save for a rainy day.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nice post Nic / Else.
    Remind me what KJ stands for again - I'm guessing it's not "Kool Jah, kicks evil butts!".
    It's been near three years since I used their abbreviations.

• Pole
    Pole

wow elsewhere,

You must have been a dilligent WT student judging by all that underlining and marking!

:)

Thanks for the pics.

Pole

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

LittleToe - "The Nations shall know that I am Jehovah - How?"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    You must have been a dilligent WT student judging by all that underlining and marking!

That actually is not my copy. I found the scan on the internet. My copy of the WTs rarely ever had any marks in them.

I find it VERY interesting that the person who studied that WT did not underline the part about the end coming before the year 2000... as if it was something assumed.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Thanks for posting that Else.

Kwin

• Gill
    Gill

I'm seriously impressed!

I can't believe how stupid I have been all my life!

Thanks for the quote!

• kj
    kj

It's on the 2003 CD too.

kj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit