What makes people really excel?

by formerout 29 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

I think there are a variety of reasons, most of which have been mentioned. Also luck -- simply being in the right place at the right time.

Oh, but that simply is outward excellence. What about inward excellence? Take a look at Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's book "Flow" and you will see that humans can have "peak experiences" no matter what path in life they have chosen/been thrust into. It's a fascinating work.

Bradley

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Proformance enhancing drugs help me excel.

Kwin

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

What makes them excel?

because they know what the hell they're doing! not actors/actresses like the ones in the movies geared directly towards teenagers who'll probably be typecast for the rest of their careers, who'll probly do b-movies when they start getting old or something.

laters

kaykay_mp

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Proformance enhancing drugs help me excel.

Kwin

yep, i'm all alert on coke. i can't do anything worth-a-crap on weed. laters kaykay_mp

• Xena
    Xena

drive, ambition, focus....I think it helps having parents who give you confidence and try to motivate you..to a degree anyway. Most people are good at something but only the people who give it that extra push really excel.

• formerout
    formerout

Logan's Run,

Thanks for the reference to the book "Flow." I'll try to make it my next read,

Shamus,

Scientists, musicians, doctors and lawyers do coke too. Obviously not all of them, but some.

I think the question has been answered already.

I'm sure some do. I don't think the fact that a small percenteage of successful people do in fact do drugs has any relevance to the topic, but thanks for shedding more light on why some people will likely never succeed much with certain attitudes. Brad
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

imo, it's a combination of things: Mental/physical fitness, good connections, motivation, etc.

DY

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is an internal determination to make it despite obsticles.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Confronting fear.

Spreadsheets scare the crap out of me...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I wondered when someone was going to mention Microsoft's stranglehold on the office productivity market.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit