Singles Sign-in

by Prisca 17 Replies latest social relationships

• Introspection
    Introspection

I know, why don't we use one of those questionnaires that is passed through email sometimes? Anybody have one?

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease." -Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hi Prisca,
    I am single, but I agree with seven006. I don't want to come off as desperate. Although, I am not seeing anyone at the moment. I am 25, male, in Kansas USA, and I left the Society about 10 months ago. I love to meet new people, which is why I started posting here. I am not sure what you have in mind, but maybe this is a start. Also, I enjoy writing letters. So anyone is welcome to e-mail me.
    [email protected]
    Jeremy Black

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi,

Thanks for your comments, especially seven006. Being single doesn't mean being desperate, neither does it mean we are lacking somewhat. I have been single all my life, and there's nothing wrong with me.. except for this nervous twitch that gets set off when I walk in front of electrical appliances..!! Nah, just joking!! (..or is she???...)

Anyway, you since you want me to start off, which I guess I should have done to get the ball rolling, here's a little about me...

I am 31, and live in Sydney Australia. I was raised a Witness, but left 2 years ago because I realised there were too many contradictions between their teachings and what the Bible said. I am a pretty happy person, like to learn new things, travelling, history, and just enjoying life! I love to meet and learn about new people, so anyone's welcome to email me!!

Ok, that's a little about me!!

• Introspection
    Introspection

Okay I guess I'll go. My real name is Mark, I'm 29 and I live in Marin county, California just north of San Francisco. I've been out since about '98 or so and I think as a result I'm really able to begin to understand what spirituality is. I suppose most of my interests are normal enough to be shared by others, but one noteworthy subject is transpersonal psychology. I'm also interested in health, particularly nutrition (unfortunately more of a supplement junkie than a good eater ) and I'm working on integrating these two areas as a type of mind-body health/fitness/development.

Ok, what now?

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease." -Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• Okidok
    Okidok

Hi I am very much single.

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
    Woody Allen

• Francois
    Francois

Well, Introspection, I was just vacationing in SF for the last week and passed through Marin County about six times on my way to various places. Just think - we could have had a beer!!

Is this place open to, um, mature people Prisca? How 'bout people who are single now but haven't always been?

Franc

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Of course, Francoise! Just because you're over the hill doesn't mean you can't find love!

LOL... sorry!

Seriously, it doesn't matter what age we are, we can all find ourselves single at some stage in our life. And that's nothing to be ashamed of. Being single is a great time of freedom, as we have the time to do things and get to know ourselves in a way that might not be possible had we been in a relationship.

I have started another thread "Getting to Know You" so we can talk more about ourselves and just have a general discussion about things we have in common.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well Fracoise I tried to round up more people for a gathering in that thread under Personal Experience but it seems there wasn't much interest. Of course, you know how single people aren't supposed to be alone together and we would have been without a chaperone.. Besides, I don't think you're my type.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit