Need To Divorce My Husband....

by Doubtfully Yours 38 Replies latest social relationships

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Lately he's very become impatient and rather explosive in temper. I can't cover it up anymore, and I'm so tired of pretending in the Organization.

Need to leave this man and this religious organization in a hurry!

Any of you divorced because of the WTBTS? Please give me courage by telling me your story. My husband is emotionally abusive and about to cross the line into personally abusive. Can't take it anymore.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm deathly afraid of the 'what will they think/say', 'how will my folks take it'. Just so concerned with everyone else's reaction.

Trapped by my fears. Completely trapped.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Help please!!!!!!!!!

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Sorry to hear of your situation. Is this explosive temper a recent thing, or is it a long standing problem? He may be suffering from depression, and may need counselling. But you need to protect yourself.

I DA'd in June of 2003, and left my wife of 16 years last December. Looking back, I see I traded one set of problems for another, and paid a high price to do so. There's no easy solution.

Before taking the final solution of divorce, I'd suggest counselling for both of you.

Walter

• neverthere
    neverthere

((((((DY)))))) don't have any advice just you sound like you need a hug!

Diana

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Lately he's very become impatient and rather explosive in temper.

Is there any love left? Kids? Any chance of something worth saving in the marriage, outside of the Org?

Sorry things aren't happy.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Sorry to hear that (((DY))) ... I don't know what to say cause, I've never been in this situation ... Just something that is hard to do when you are over but really needed in front of big issues that you can still put a little time on it : Take your time to analyse the situation and to make your decisions ... Best wishes ...

• Celia
    Celia

This sounds serious. How long have you been married? Any children involved?

You shouldn't care about what people will say or think... They're not the ones suffering in a bad relationship, you are. You have to do what is right for you. If he refuses counseling and doesn't change, just move out, and yes, work on a divorce.

• Fleur
    Fleur

I will be PM'ing you shortly.

You have to do what you need to do to be safe and happy, pardon my language but screw what everyone else 'thinks'.

Be careful what you post online if you think he has the potential for violence. Do NOT forget to clear the history/cache on your computer after you are done online, especially if you are researching divorce options online.

I knew NOTHING about computers way back when I was going through that and not knowing that caused me a world of trouble.

PM to follow. Take courage. Others have done it, myself included. It isn't easy. But it can be done.

love

essie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I feel we love each other, but his loyalty for the WTBTS is far greater. And he's so much into appearances and privileges within the Org. I just can't help him in this respect any longer and he's frustrated by the situation.

In the past he's told me that if I left he would too and our marriage just wouldn't survive. He comes from a rough past with women, drugs, and heavy drinking.

God, what a horrible dilema. I mean, should I continue to be a proverbial martyr for the sake of covering up appearances?!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit