Did You Know How To Explain The Beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No. MiniMess. In hindsight, I don't think I ever really knew what I was defending and I didn't defend it all that much, or that well, anyway.

I was so 'different' and 'special' compared to my 'worldly' peers, who were all going to die at BalmyGedumb, that I just crawled into hole and became a bit of a recluse.

I can't say that I have entirely grown out of it yet, but I am trying.

Chris

• Mary
    Mary
    I believe that if JWs really studied the Bible rather than the WTS publications, they would start wondering too.

Actually, this is exactly what pre-empted the witch hunt at Bethel in the late 70s and early 80s. According to CoC, the Society was actually started to lighten up on some of their manmade rules. Anyone remember when they said it was OK to say "hi" to a disfellowshipped person? Anyway, I guess there were those at Bethel who would get together in small groups and study the bible---without the Society's publications. This wasnt' done in secret and the GB at first had no problem with it, until these Bethelites began to see that some of their doctrines did not agree with what the bible actually said. Then all hell broke lose. This is why Witnesses are told over and over and over again that they CAN'T understand the bible without the Society's publications.

• minimus
    minimus

SNG----That was a funny "Blondie" comment.

• Pole
    Pole

I thought I could defend JWs views until I met a guy who proved me wrong. From then on I began to feel more and more embarrassed every time I had to defend them. I mean, it usually took such a leap of imagination to add all their doctrines up. After some time I discovered I was intelectually dishonest and that I used different standards for the WTS "truths". Then I realized it was all all BS.

Pole

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that IF a person can logically see this isn't "true", it's pretty easy to get them out of their bondage.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Could you explain a Witnesses' position on blood?

Sure. I can sum it up in 4 words: they're full of shit.

Dan-O is the Man-O!

• Dawn
    Dawn
    someone once asked me about why jws don't celebrate birthday... i tried to respond, but the arguments were so senseless, that i couldn't respond

People still ask me why JW's don't celebrate birthdays, thanksgiving, mother's day etc. My response now is "Because they're a cult - and it's no fun being in a cult unless you're different than everyone else". They look at me like.... and I laugh and say "see why I left?!"

• blondie
    blondie
    Translation: Blondie has uttered the year "1919" more times than the combined lifetime usage of the people in most metropolitan areas.

Actually, out of boredom, I circled and highlighted every time 1919 was mentioned and kept a total by chapter and a running total.

Once I even mentioned that any members of the WTS before 1919 were not approved by God or Jesus based on this doctrine and were just as bad as Christendom. That explains the nicer attitude of the Bible Students toward Christians in other religions before then..

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit