Did You Know How To Explain The Beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One of the things JWs pride themselves in as that they know their Bible (New World Translation). They will gladly speak to Catholics, Protestants, Jews----you name them---they're not afraid. Looking back, truthfully, did you understand what you were defending?? Could you explain a Witnesses' position on blood?

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yes I did, however I didn't like to because I thought it was embarrassing that I believed it, so would pass it off to Mrs. Kwin.

Kwin

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

yup I was very fluent in arguing dogma and theology... How shaming now that I see the truth... I sincerely hope none of the people I talked to ever became witnesses...

-hangs head

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I can somewhat scratch the surface of any of the JW's beliefs. Not that plenty understand or agree with them anymore, but just a general reason as to why one thing or the other.

DY

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Someone asked me the other day to explain the JW's and their wishy-washy doctrine, I simply said well God changed his mind - again!

• minimus
    minimus

I believe MOST JWs do not know how to explain why they believe that accepting an organ transplant is a conscience matter and accepting a blood transfusion is a sin. Most have no idea how to explain the faithful and discreet slave class. Giving a good answer about why JWs don't celebrate birthdays but will celebrate death's as in JC's, is another head scratcher.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Yeah I did and I was pretty darn good at it. And I believed what I knew. That's why it was so hard when I learned I was teaching lies to others - esp my family.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Since I was raised in "it" I was fluent in "it". I knew the bible books forwards and backwards and could look up any scripture more quickly than most. I also had them well referenced and cross referenced! Problem was, what I was raised to believe turned out to be mostly incorrect, and many of "its" followers hypocrites by action.

Peace

Brenda

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Exactly as C onfusedjw

Yeah I did and I was pretty darn good at it. And I believed what I knew. That's why it was so hard when I learned I was teaching lies to others - esp my family.

yes, that was me. Eyeslice

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I thought I could explain many of the "basic beliefs". I would always carry the reasoning book with me and read right from it when something I was not sure of came up. Right from the horses mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit