UPDATE: Angry letter to nehpew and his wife

by confusedjw 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• under74
    under74

Confused-
    good lord. I'm sorry to hear about what your girl is going through. I had a close cousin do the same thing to me long before my family left because my older sister had got in some trouble with the elders. I can't tell you how confused and then bitter that experience made me....and I was so young. My mom was still JW though and didn't think she should defend me. It's good to see you standing up for your girl--I'm sure she's going to be better for it and appreciate you being there for her one day.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

Growing up jdub, I was always told that the worst jdub is still a better person than best wordly person. And that wasnt my mom or gramma telling me that. That came straight from the elders.

I think this letter was very well written. It shows that you put alotta thought into it. The calm demeanor is evident as well as the fact, that you are not trying to be antogonistic. Kudos, for putting the onus on your nephew and his wife.

Its a very sad situation for both cousins because they are missing out on a potentially great friendship. And, I say that because growing up and till this day my cousin is my best friend.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bravo! A clear shot across the bows.
    It's disgusting that kids have to bear the brunt of religious intolerance, like this.
    There should be a law against it...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

It appears that they are not going to respond.

I'll end up seeing one of them someday in the store or at school and will personally address them and ask why they didn't respond to my letter.

or perhaps the wind was blowing too hard and blew their answer away.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Maybe they´re too busy with the holidays coming and fixing the presents for the "familyday" or whatever they call it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit