Perfection

by Deputy Dog 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pole
    Pole

Gumby's dead right.

The life of a witness is short and uncertain. Obey, obey, obey, and perhpas WTS leaders (then as Christ's heavenly brothers) will save you when they execute judgment on this wicked System of Things.

Or as the ol' Zephaniah puts it:

3 Seek the LORD , all you humble of the land,
    you who do what he commands.
    Seek righteousness, seek humility;
    perhaps you will be sheltered
    on the day of the LORD's anger.

As for perfection, of course only Christs heavenly brothers can have it in entirety.

Pole

• gumby
    gumby
    As for perfection, of course only Christs heavenly brothers can have it in entirety.

Another excellent point made in this thread!

The witnesses boast that the annointed are no more loved by Jehovah than the Other Sheep, yet the annointed have a guaranteed Eternal Life.....not conditional like the Great Crowd. Imagine ......Jehovah hand picking these annointed who are no more loyal than the Great Crowd are.....and giving them a free token to Everlasting Life, and not the Other Sheep. WTF?

Gumby

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    For example, they believe that one can choose to become evil in the New System.....but Jehovah will not tolerate it and that person would be snuffed by him in short order. The practice of sinning will not be allowed to be carried on for any length of time, although sinning will be allowed.

Wow, that's something I never thought of.

So either we have the ability to choose between right and wrong and to sin and therefore die, or we just go along mindlessly always doing as we're programmed to do.

You can't have it both ways. What's it going to be?

Kwin

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Ask this question: When will Rev 21:4 be fulfilled?

JWs will answer: After Armaggedon, in the 1,000 year reign (Paradise)

*** w02 10/15 p. 7 Satan?Myth or Sinister Reality? *** Fulfilled Bible prophecy, however, shows that the Devil is intensifying earth?s woes because he knows that he has only "a short period of time" left to wreak havoc before being confined. (Revelation 12:7-12; 20:1-3) The end of Satan?s rule will usher in a righteous new world, where tears, death, and pain "will be no more." Then, God?s will shall "be done on earth as it is in heaven."

Does that mean no one will die after Armaggedon?

JWs will answer: NO, there will be a final test from Satan and some humans will follow him, resulting in destruction.

*** w91 5/1 p. 23 Thrilling Visions That Strengthen Faith *** What next? Why, John observes the abyssing of Satan. There follows a foreview of Christ?s Thousand Year Reign, during which Jesus and his resurrected corulers judge mankind, lifting obedient ones to human perfection! (20:1-10) It is now time for a final test. Released from the abyss, Satan will set out to mislead perfected mankind, but destruction will end the careers of all demon and human rebels against God.

Does this make Revelation 21:4 a lie?

(Revelation 21:4) . . .And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.. . .
    When does this scripture really get fulfilled?
  • Valis
    Valis

I was channel surfing today and ran accross the jebus tv channel and there was this creationist weirdo on there. He claimed the dinosaurs didn't eat meat before Adam and Eve sinned. I thought that might be another thing you could raise questions about to the dubs.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• euripides
    euripides

He was heavily implying that Earth would become very much like the Federation, and we would meet other races that Jehovah had created on other planets.

Me personally, I'm waiting for Captain Picard and Number One to contact me and tell me I'm done here and can beam back to the Enterprise!

Seriously, JWs may as well be living in a fictional television show. Images of perfection and the "New System" are strange products of unbridled fantasy, akin to UFO art and Unicorns. Speaking of which, why not ask next time you're talking to them where the UFOs and Unicorns are in the illustrations, or if Dodo's and Unicorns made it on to the ark?

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Me personally, I'm waiting for Captain Picard and Number One to contact me and tell me I'm done here and can beam back to the Enterprise!

LOL at euripides. It just goes to show ya, any problems with the paradise or A-geddon will be fixed by the Wt god, the "willy wonka" of the universe. (borrowed term from another poster)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit