They are making me mental!

by CeriseRose 15 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

When people talk like that ("Godly Crap" ) it always makes me think of those church message boards. I don't know where they get some of their ideas. I'm convinced the're on drugs when they make them up. It's always good for a laugh. Do people actually take that @$%# Seriously. It's too much sometimes. A conversation on a chat board or in person like that would annoy me all to hell. I would stay away, they're going to try to convert you. It's only a matter of time, before the bible claws come out.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Shotgun:

I always wanted to kiss the sun.. but I thought my lips would burn up, and I have to admit: God or no God, I was scared as anything!

Country <praise Jah you people> Girl

• professor
    professor

These people should give up on selling religion and try multi-level marketing! It's pretty much the same concept, and they've already learned how to constantly annoy everyone around them without being embarrassed.

Oh wait. Isn't that called "incidental witnessing"?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL, CeriseRose! You should see all the cow-pie hairdo-wearin' Pentacosta-"babes" (NOT) that I'm surrounded with at work here! I am SO sick of hearin' "praise the lord" every other comment and havin' to censor my language so much that I sound like a stutterer when I'm around 'em. ("I cleaned out the patient's *bleep*....uh...refrigerator and threw away all the *bleep*...uh...old containers, etc.)

You are not alone!

Frannie

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Why does it seem that "religious" people speak in half code, throwing random and unexplicable scripture (or scripture-like verbiage) in places that make no sense to do so? Is it mental illness? Is it their version of speaking in tongues? Honestly, this seems to be prevalent on every message board I've ever seen it on, except this one (although there have been a few "babblers" here, the regulars "of faith" who post are very articulate and clear).

It is probably because they lack the ability to express themselves or are uncomfortable expressing their true thoughts on the issues being discussed.

I would be more than glad to join you on this board and kick some Christian ass if you PM me the website address .

• gumby
    gumby
    Musicians and athletes piss me off. Whether its accepting a music award or an MVP-type interview immediately post-game, what's the first thing you hear?

"I'd like to thank God for making this happen."

LMAO !

I get a kick out of those boxers who after beating the living shit out of the other guy.........wants to thank his "Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for the Victory". Jesus helped him out ya know. Jesus made the other guy lose by giving the christian boxer a little more pizzaz to his punch I guess.

When radical christians get in the spotlight, the first thing they try and do is shine the light on Jesus whether it applies at the time or not.

Gumby

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit