They are making me mental!

by CeriseRose 15 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

No, not JWs (although if I think too long about it, I'm sorely tempted to decorate my car a la Christmas and park it at the KH during a meeting... *evil grin* ).

I belong to a 'non-religious' message board (have since 2001) that seems to have a large proportion of newly-arrived Christians on it. Normally, I could care less if they're there; the topic is not religion, there's plenty of places to post that don't even smack of religion. The problem? Every post they post on (which is a considerable amount) contains some form of religious "babbling" as they share their love and faith with "fellow believers" and anyone else who happens to get in the way.

Why does it seem that "religious" people speak in half code, throwing random and unexplicable scripture (or scripture-like verbiage) in places that make no sense to do so? Is it mental illness? Is it their version of speaking in tongues? Honestly, this seems to be prevalent on every message board I've ever seen it on, except this one (although there have been a few "babblers" here, the regulars "of faith" who post are very articulate and clear).

An example of the type of comments thrown in to a post (and this can be at the beginning, toward the middle, the end, in any haphazard way...): "Let the rain come down and the son return,"

That particular one was in the middle of a detailed rant about Bush and Iraq!

It would be similar to having a conversation with someone who continually breaks off and repeatedly talks to someone else, going back and forth between thoughts/parties.

Or am I just overly sensitive? Anyone else get irritated with this kind of thing?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I know that I don't care to hear any kind of religious expression either Cerise, so I think I understand what you mean. I usually try not to show it of course! But I'm sorry there's so much of it on the board you've been on for so long - I hope it hasn't ruined your enjoyment of the other board completely.

I hope you're not having a hard time in general, too.

• Dawn
    Dawn

...and glory be to the most high....

• Dawn
    Dawn

...sorry - couldn't resist.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not sure if this would cure it, hail satan, but you could put in a few of your own

The blackbird

• shotgun
    shotgun

Dawn...LOL

Cerise I don't seem to notice it in any of my conversation although this is the only board I frequent praise jah you people.

I hear alot more of sparsley used f-bombs where I work and really only hear the catch phrases when talking with JW's who still talk and associate with me praise jah you people.

Why don't you get off that Hell Angels site you frequent, it has been two years since they kicked you out of the BC chapter for being unruly at their parties...it's time to let go or kiss the son lest God be angry.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

LOL@Shotgun!

Yes, this sort of spewing can ruin anything, can't it? It's a subtle form of "preaching the good news", & it is i

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I don't know how THAT happened

Anyhow, any kind of imbalance thet people insist on inserting into topics having nothing to do with it, is irritating! Really reminds me of the jws. Inability to discuss anything else or keep on a different topic for 10 minutes without the infringement on rights.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Musicians and athletes piss me off. Whether its accepting a music award or an MVP-type interview immediately post-game, what's the first thing you hear?

"I'd like to thank God for making this happen."

For some reason, I find it more annoying when they specifically thank Jesus or Allah by name. Once I heard a football player say, "First I gotta give it up for my man J.C... Jesus Christ!" Not even the frickin' apostles who HUNG OUT WITH JESUS called him that. This was, of course, in response to some specific question about a specific play from the game.

• karategirl
    karategirl

Oh my god! you all are cracking me up. I totally make fun of that kind of talk no matter how blasphemous I sound. It is my secret little evil I guess. Feels good to admit it. I lived in the Bible Belt for a great number of years when I was a witness and even then I used to snicker when I went out in service at some of the fundamentalist conservative narrow minded judgmental fanatics we met at the doors.

During the campaign me and mysister couldn't stop laughing at all the Bush supporters who went around saying if you're a good Christian your vote can only be for Bush, God' s Candidate. I mean if God is backing him then why in the hell did he find it necessary to cheat in the last election? And if Bush is his candidate then why doesn't he help God's people instead of Caesar's pocket?

Ok maybe I went off the subject a little here. Blessed be. Go forth in good faith.

Stephanie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit