CZAR's madcap weightloss regimen PAYS OFF!

by czarofmischief 15 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

In a big way. As many of you may recall, earlier this year I tried to join the Navy. They poked, prodded, and measured me around the waist. I weighed 239 pounds at 6'2". I was definitely a little pudgy for a civilian and completely too fat for a modern warrior. This was back in May, I believe, or June. Humiliated, I retreated. Then I went on the offensive! I weaned myself off the anti-depressant medication that was slowing my metabolism. I stopped drinking a sixpack of Mountain Dew every day and started light jogging three times a week.

Well, I just went down to a second interview with the Air Force (better pay scale) and I weighed in at a trim 207!!! Thirty two pounds lost in six months! Hut hut!

I haven't weighed myself since the Navy debacle, and this represents a HUGE change for me. Now my mind is clear, my body is trim and ready for weight training (which I hope to begin before the New Year), and I'm ready to GO!

I just thought that I'd post this as a message of encouragement to everybody - that you CAN improve your health, overcome obstacles, yadda yadda yadda... And I didn't go crazy, just walked regularly, jogged a little, and consumed less sugary drinks. I'm no supermodel, but I feel so much better about myself.

CZAR

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Thirty two pounds lost in six months! Hut hut!

Damn cool! I'm almost up where you started from. I could stand to drop 20 #. Hmmm, wonder if i could do it. Anyway, if you wanna/need to go and get your ass shot off (or shoot a few), well,, you gotta do what you gotta do, i guess.

S

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

At least your recruiter didn't make you chug the lemon-flavored soda-typed laxatives like mine did. But I was joining the army. The Navy has more lax weight standards (with all due respect).

laters

kaykay_mp

(i hope you dont think i was getting down on you, congrats of course!! its always a milestone when we overcome obstacles to join the military!)

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

You're my hero. Good work sailor!

of course you can go to the YMCA !

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Congrats! As one who continually battles her (considerable) weight, I applaude you!

My newest goal is still being able to get into my wedding dress after Christmas! hehe

• Mystery
    Mystery

Congratulations

I have been fighting my weight all my life; it is quite a feat.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --
    "WOW -- What a Ride" !

You can go as long as you promise to come back!

Mom of 2 boys.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Congratulations Czar !! Good work !!

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck on getting into the service. And btw- thank you for wanting to enlist !

XW

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Congradulations Czar.

The payscale is the same for all the services. The quality of life in the Airforce is so much better than any of the other services. Not sure about the other services but the Navy does offer pretty good bonuses in certain ratings. If I remember form previouse posts you where trying for crypto, which is a technical field. Technical fields are where the good bonuses are.

IC1(sw) Baker

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

That's awesome Czar! I'm very happy for you! I know it was hard for you getting off of those pills, but apparently it really paid off for you.

I wish you the best of luck in the service!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Congrats, Czar!! :) I thought about joining the army after high school and had to lose 30 lbs, but gave up after 15! Keep up your determination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit