Family in Illinois USA murdered by a JW

by proandcon 10 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/120204_ns_harvey.html

Suspect in triple murder appears in bond court

alt

By Evelyn Holmes

December 2, 2004 — Thursday marked the first court appearance for a south suburban man who is charged with murdering three of his family members including his mother and his son.

Bond has been denied for Martin Kracht. The bodies of his family members were found in their home in Harvey on Monday.

Because of several alleged suicide attempts, Martin Kracht will be evaluated after he was charged with three counts of murder for allegedly killing his estranged wife, his infant son, and his own mother.

alt
    Under heavy police guard, the 24-year-old unemployed security guard appeared in court. He stood stoically, dressed in green hospital scrubs and shackled at the waist. Prosecutors detailed how he killed his wife, Vinese Kracht, 11-month-old son Emery and Barbara Baker-Kracht. Investigators say over a two-day period, he strangled the trio after his wife said she was divorcing him.

Cousins of Martin Kracht were in the courtroom. While they say he is a mellow young man that just snapped, his attorney remains concerned over an alleged confession to police.

"I want to say to her family I'm truly sorry. There's nothing no one can do now, and I love Vinese like a cousin. I love Emery. I only saw him about five times while he was alive," said Necol Raymond.

"You look at it, he killed his mom and his wife and his baby. Something was going on. You can look in his eyes and see there's nothing there anymore," said Trina Barnes.

"One thing I want to know if the police are alleging there is a video statement, wondering if there is also video interrogation. I would like to see that as well," said John Wilson, Martin Kracht's attorney.

The prosecutors are also alleging that Martin Kracht made several confessions to several individuals, one being his cousin. Prosecutors are also saying that he thought about killing a woman he met somewhere and had taken back to the house where he allegedly committed the murders. Allegedly when she wanted to leave, he said he was going to kill her, but he changed his mind and dropped her off at a bus stop.

He is due back in court later this month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit