Family in Illinois USA murdered by a JW

by proandcon 10 Replies latest jw friends

• proandcon
  • kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

you can bet your a$$ that the elders had something to do with her not pressing charges and/or divorcing him...

that just really sucks.

laters

kaykay_mp

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

The abuse reportedly got worse, culminating in an October incident that resulted in Bell-Kracht seeking a restraining order against her husband, barring him from her home in Richton Park. But on Nov. 8 she appeared in court in Markham and asked that both the protection order and the abuse charges be dismissed.

"The victim didn't wish to proceed," said Marcy Jensen, a spokeswoman for the Cook County state's attorney's office. "We don't know why."

Your right, I would bet anything that the elders talked her into dropping the protection order and dropping the charges. Just more lives that th WTBTS is bloodguilty of by having such well trained men directing the flock. More interested in the image that they present than protecting anybody.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

If the elders are responsible for helping change this woman's decision about pressing charges...why couldn't charges be brought against them for some wrong doing that resulted in murder. They are not qualified to deal in matters of abuse, so I think it's time those all knowing NOT elders are held accountable to some degree.

Geezzzz, people in abusive relationships need to begin standing up for themselves before more tragedy befalls them. We don't live in the dark ages where it's all hush-hush...there are plenty of resources available for seeking help. And then in steps a friggen cult that plays with lives. I hate that religion!

granny

• missy04
    missy04

GEEZ........That's horrible! What kind of a person would kill their own family...especially their own BABY?!

Just reminds ya how SCARY and dangerous people can be.

~Sarah

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    What kind of a person would kill their own family...especially their own BABY?!

Abraham ?

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab
    What kind of a person would kill their own family...especially their own BABY?!

5,000 women a day.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

5,000 women a day.

If you are trying to compare abortion to a violent abusive man who kills his own family, I find that to be in very poor taste.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

To me, it sounds like he may have had some emotional issues to begin with, which added to his joining the JW's. Her brother warned her against marrying him. I wonder why? What did he know?

Unfortunately, something like 90% of women are murdered by someone they know. A very high percentage of that is by a lover (or husband). Compared to 10% of men by a lover. 50% of women have been physically abused by a male relative or lover. Yes, I appreciate men are physically abused by women, but at no where near the same rate. Men are generally bigger and physically stronger than women.

Ugh.

Peace

Brenda

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This is really horrible.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit