Who is the new President of the Watchtower Society? And are there 7 new org

by booker-t 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• euripides
    euripides

Governing Body and 1960's TV, what a combo! Jackie Coogan was, in fact, one of the Anointed.

• blondie
    blondie

This is how the light gets brighter

• blondie
  • Brownboy
    Brownboy

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (Incorporated 1884)President Don A. AdamsVice Presidents Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant
    Secretary/Treasurer Richard E. Abrahamson
    Directors Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk

I remember Don Adams as Maxwell Smart. And of course there is agent 99 (Barbara Feldon)? Some have accused me of lacking a sense of humor. Well here is one for the books.

MAXWELL SMART is the man of lawlessness :) Here is the proof: MAXWELL SMART. Six Hundred threescore six, or 666

LX = 60 and if you add agent 99 which was her disguise, 99=66 upside down. Therefore you can calculate the number 666.

Get Smart !!!! but use the cone of silence..............hee hee

Brownboy

• Erich
    Erich

Current List of Watch Tower Society Officers as of 1/22/04

Governing body members

John Barr
    Carey Barber
    Samuel Herd
    Theodore Jaracz
    Steven Lett
    Gerrit Lösch
    Guy Pierce
    Albert Schroeder
    David Splane
    Daniel Sydlik

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (Incorporated 1884)
    President Don A. Adams
    Vice Presidents Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant
    Secretary/Treasurer Richard E. Abrahamson
    Directors Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (Incorporated 1909)
    President Max H. Larson
    Vice Presidents George M. Couch, Lonnie R. Schilling
    Secretary/Treasurer Gerald F. Simonis
    Directors Gerald D. Grizzle, David G. Sinclair, Robert M. Pevy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. There are at least two important corporations having their own leaders officers, vice president ond president. But does that mean the governing body itself is without any "president" or "leader? Is there no "primus interpares" ?

If so: For instance, what happens if the 10 members of the GB do NOT agree in an essential question? Who is the ultimate instance that is enough competent to tell the other members what is wrong or right? Many new upcoming questions cannot be answered only by an intensive bible study. Or are they going to ask Don Adams or Max Larson, who are NO GB-members, about their opinion in a specific important question? I cannot imagine how this system functions...

E. B.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I have a question,,, are any of these old guys married? I mean they dictate family life, but do they have families and are they in subjection?

• blondie
    blondie

John Barr
    Carey Barber
    Samuel Herd
    Theodore Jaracz
    Steven Lett
    Gerrit Lösch
    Guy Pierce
    Albert Schroeder
    David Splane
    Daniel Sydlik

I think they are all married or were. John Barr just lost his wife, I think.

Fred Franz and George Gangas (previous GB, now deceased) were lifelong bachelors.

Up until the early 50's, marriage was strongly discouraged. Bethelites had to have several years service in to be able to marry and bring their wife into Bethel. Knorr broke the ice when he married Audrey Mock. Then quite a few married at Bethel.

Russell lived apart from his wife for several years before they eventually divorced. Rutherford likewise lived separately from his wife up to the day he died even when they both lived in California.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Okay. There are at least two important corporations having their own leaders officers, vice president ond president. But does that mean the governing body itself is without any "president" or "leader? Is there no "primus interpares" ?

If so: For instance, what happens if the 10 members of the GB do NOT agree in an essential question? Who is the ultimate instance that is enough competent to tell the other members what is wrong or right? Many new upcoming questions cannot be answered only by an intensive bible study. Or are they going to ask Don Adams or Max Larson, who are NO GB-members, about their opinion in a specific important question? I cannot imagine how this system functions...

E. B.

Sounds like I have to do some research and intense bible study. I appreciate your intellect. But always remember the order of things. President, than Vice President. Order of subjection.

SB

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I have another question... Blondie, you seem to KNOW everything!!! I bet there are no dumb blonde jokes around here! I love it!

Anyways, do all the top guys LIVE at Bethal or at the branches? Or do some of them live off-site? Does anyone know?

• badboy
    badboy

Why are there two separate corporations for NJ and Florida?

Hope I got that right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit