Young Pioneer Sister desperate for assistance..any advice?

by Gill 14 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks everyone!

I must admit it does worry me what would happen to her for the first few months of being out of being a JW. All her family and I mean ALL are JW's. My son and her are not romantically involved, just friends so I don't know how much I could help her either. She would be a total OUTCAST from her family. I worry about what that might do to her mental health.

She hasn't seen me, since she was a tiny girl so I don't know if she would find me someone she could take to.

What to do, what to do?

I understand from the grapevine that about five years ago one of her uncles killed himself after he was reproved hence my being extremely careful about what my son might say to her.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well when I moved out I stayed a Dub. I was in for almost 10 years after I moved out, but moving out gave me the space to make my own decisions and mature in a way I never could have at home! I would say dont' push apostasy on her but do encourage her to move out and stand on her own.

Then give her CoC as a house warming gift! LOL!!!

• Voyager
    Voyager

candidlynuts is absolutely right only in my opinion. Let her make her own decisions, and see where things go from there, and try to be supportive.

In most cases, if she put up Christmas decorations, then her family won't be putting up with that for long. They have probably (already) reported her to the other elders. I hope things work out for the two of them.

Thanks!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Gill,

The only concern I would have is, will the parents use your sons emails and spread it all around that he/u are apostates and cause u further harm? I recall my children partying with elders kids and they would tell me the outrageous things these kids did. When these kids got caught, they always blamed my kids",bad association". , u know. It happens all the time. The elders just can't believe their kids would leave without a big bad apostate leading them off.

weds

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I agree with Wednesday that she may change her mind, especially if the relationship with your son goes south, and turn you guys all in.

Please be careful.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit