Am I making the right decision?

by crizlee 18 Replies latest jw friends

• defective light
    defective light

Up to this point you have made your decision, you can see the control your parents and dubs will have on you if you choose to stay at home and go to a art institute.

• defective light
    defective light

Top 5%? ?. Hell you can go anywhere you want!, Student loans, grants, scholarships, make it possible for those who have the drive and knowledge to take advantage,

Military service? Why would you want to become a target ? war is nasty?..there are smarter ways to gain an education?.

Celebrate your 18 th birthday??knock your lights out ! ?then go celebrate X-mas, Valantines day, Easter bunny, 4 th of july, Labor day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, and especially celebrate everytime you get some! It never hurt anyone to celebrate !

Cheers....

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Join the Coast Guard instead.

DY

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Sounds like you are getting wonderful advice here. You know what you want to do, go for it! You have the grades & the ability, you are young and you have a great future ahead of you. Call the University & ask them about grants, talk to your counselor. No reason you shouldn't be able to get what you want out of your life. Good Luck!

• Swan
    Swan

If you want to serve your country, then join the military. It is a noble thing if you are doing it for patriotic reasons. If you are just joining for the education benefits, don't. With the military at war you probably wouldn't get to use those benefits, and hitches last much longer now due to stop-loss.

The better thing to do is apply for scholarships and grants. Your school counselor can help you with this, and with your grades, you should be able to get something.

Good luck!

Tammy

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

If you can swing getting into a school and away from home, go for it. It is hard for a young person to break out on thier own. If you do decide to go Navy, PM me. I have been in almost 10 years and haven't been shot at yet. I just got back from the coast of Iraq and the job we where doing was considered risky. As long as you don't get into the spec war area of the Navy it isn't like the guys and gals of the Army and Marines getting shot at everyday.

Heatmiser

• crizlee
    crizlee

I talked to my counselor today. Im going into the navy as an officer in the Aeronautics/aerospace engineering field. ill be taking the ASVAB pretty soon. All of my life ive always wanted to join the military, to follow my fathers footsteps, for the structure of military life.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Why not go see a fortune teller in an adjoining town? No, really, go with your heart and KICK ASS at the University!

• crizlee
    crizlee

i havent told my parents about my decision. I already told em i dont want to be a jehovahs witness, should i tell them this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit