My grandmothers very ill....

by MelbaToast 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

:(

my only living grandma is in icu right now. Apparently she had a colonoscopy about a week before thanksgiving and was released to go home. They cut out 11 polyps, but the 12th one was too big to cut out. They are doing a biopsy of it and my grandmas internist has told her that they have a plan to treat her...All the while, last friday she woke up to go the bathroom and was bleeding internally. By the time they got the bleeding stopped shed had lost half of the volume in her body, about 4 pints of blood :(. Thank god that she has never been a JW, or she mightve died right there.

I found all this out by an aunt of mine, not my mother. My aunt stated that mom is just too emotional to talk about it right now, and thats probably why she hadnt called. I am calling later on to find out whats going on.

Im sure that my mom thought about the blood pumping through her mothers veins and freaked out?

Very weird, since I called out to my moms house, little bro answered the phone and said nothing about anyone (or maybe hes just being a good jw and not telling me anything).

All this....and finals coming up in school....babys birthday in 3 weeks and christmas in 4. Im not going to say "Can anything else go on?" coz it probably will.

Keep my grandma in your thoughts and prayers....shes a wonderful, smart woman and the world will be a much crappier place if things go wrong.

MT

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

MT...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother's illness. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

BTW, take care of yourself. This time of year is normally crazy with the amount of "stuff" we put on our "to-do" list, let alone things that come at us from left field. Try to mentally put tasks in "boxes"... then take down one box at a time and handle it and then put it away and deal with another "box". That way you won't be mentally overwhelmed with a handful of "boxes" (tasks)..... in other words, deal with one thing at a time, both physically and mentally. Again, take care of yourself.

D.E.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i tried to reply to this but the puter burped..

Melba your grandma is in my prayers.. keep in touch with the relative that WILL talk and GEEZ @ family that wont tell ya nothin!

• acsot
    acsot

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother, and the crappy way your family isn't communicating with you; stress over a sick relative is bad enough but to have to deal with JW self-righteousness at the same time is much worse.

Hugs to you and grandma

• Fleur
    Fleur

I'm so sorry. I just went through this recently with my own dear grandmother, it hurts so bad.

I hope she makes it through.

big hugs ((((((((melba))))))))))

love,

essie

• Valis
    Valis

Melba...for your Grandma..

alt

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Sorry to hear about that sweetie.

I hope everything goes ok for you and your granma. ((MT))

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

I'm really sorry for you.

Hope all goes well for your grandmother. I lost my dad last year in the midst of some majorly difficult circumstances. It is tough. Despite it all, try to take care of yourself.

Keep us posted.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont read this>>>> any unbelievers------But it is for Melba's family....

From my lips to Gods ears" Please be with this family LORD & give them stength to face anything

going wrong in their lives at this time...Asking this is the Name of Jesus !!!!!"

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm sorry MT. I hope she gets better.

I'll keep a good thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit