Would like to introduce myself

by jwNOT 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, JwNOT. I was never a JW, but I can relate to your coming-of-age story. Many regular people go through the same thing, at various ages. Perhaps, though, it is stunted and delayed for many children of JW's as independence is viewed the same as rebellion. Independence is a natural progression to adulthood. Nevertheless, I still frantically dust and tidy my house before dad comes over. Instantly, I am the kid again.

A big revelation I got in my late thirties is that there is not a darn thing my dad can do about it if I go and do my own thing. I got that revelation when I brought home my second kitten. Dad came over to my house, and swore. More cat hair. Which he figured I didn't need. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Dad could swear and scowl and groan, but IT IS MY LIFE. To mess up or tangle or complicate as much as I please.

Of course, you face the double-whammy of shunning. But I figure, since your parents already shun you for no good reason, why not just openly be who you are anyways? Their loss.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Hi there, Welocome!!!! I know exactly how you feel. This is the first year that I'm thinking about celebrating Xmas and I'm all paranoid that my sister will stop by. So I'm not sure if I'm going to put a tree up or not. It sounds like you've come further than me. Good for you. I hope you have a great XMAS.

• Beans
    Beans

Hey welcome! I left when I was 16, never baptized now 35!

Enjoy this site for some interesting references! http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca

Beans,

Canadian District Overbeer

• prophecor
    prophecor

Come on in, the waters fine. Enjoy your stay.

Welcome Aboard.

• figureitout
    figureitout

Seems like a lot of people from Ohio on this board.. something in the water... BTW orginally from Ohio as well

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Welcome !

• Fleur
    Fleur

Welcome! There are many who can relate to what you have been through...I hope that you find comfort and healing here. You are among people who will truly understand as only others effected by this cult can!

hugs,

essie

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome, and I'm glad you found us.

cj

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Welcome! It sounds like you need a lot of support. First of all, you are here to find some answers to your questions, but more importantly it sounds like you have gone through a lot of verbal/mental abuse that you need to deal with. It's hard, I know. The guilt that has gotten to you has made it hard for you to grow, but the more you reach out, the easier it will be.

The most liberating part of leaving the JW's for me (at the age of 31) was being able to think for myself. I wasn't always looking over my shoulder wondering if someone wasn't going to agree with what I was doing. I don't even hide things from my parents anymore. I am finally growing up! lol

--Krissy

• mouthy
    mouthy

Jwnot (((HUG)) welcome aboard I am the Granny on board... But so happy you found us !!

This is a great congregation() here... You wont have to report your time- dont have to read your Watchtower- You might get into a hassle if you start preachingas I do sometimes. But they all respect each other & love each other.....not conditionally but UNconditionally

So join in the fun. To bad you missed the Christmas exchange list. I am patiently waiting for mine- I dont want to kick the bucket till I see what it is

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit