Would like to introduce myself

by jwNOT 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jwNOT
    jwNOT

I am so grateful to have found this site. I got so excited reading everyones posts. I was raised a JW up intil I was around 13 or so. Up until then I lived with my father who is an elder and my stepmother who is a pioneer. I was never baptized but still feel like my family shuns me for leaving.

I moved in with my mother and went a little crazy for awhile. I have since settled down. Being raised in that mess still affects me to this day. My stepmother was very abusive and I was taught to keep my mouth shut! So I find it now really hard to talk to others. Every year i feel like I am being bad when I put up my Christmas tree. Although my Dad very rarely comes around I get scared that now is the time he will show up. I hide my cigarettes when he comes around. I won't even mention to him that I go to church. I think it hurts me more that they don't have anything to do with my kids.

I am now 32 and still feel like a child and I have to learn to get over that. I think by coming here and talking with people that know EXACTLY what I am going thru will help me heal.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

welcome.. i hope you find what your looking for here. i found a lot of encouragement and just knowing i wasnt unique in my experiences helped a LOT!

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

A big howdy, jwNOT! Glad you found your way.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

I am sorry for what you have been through It's very hard trying to talk to people (jw friends, relatives) when you have doubts. It must be very difficult to have your family treat you this way.

I'm sure you fit right in !!!

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Welcome to the forums. I see you are from Ohio which is not too far from me. I was raised in Indianapolis and have been in Michigan for the last five years. I have JW relatives in the
    Dayton, OH area. I'm 40 years old and have been "out" for almost 20 years.

There are a lot of great people here and, although I don't post as much as I should, I read what goes on here almost every day. Just realize you are not the only one out there and I encourage you to get to know the people here. There are a bunch of good folks, all having gone through similar experiences.

Be free and I hope to hear from you often!

GH

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

Welcome and I hope this site helps you

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hi, jwNOT! I hear you; I have family who are still witnesses, and it's pretty awkward this time of year. Things have a way of resolving themselves, though.

I'm glad you found this board, and I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I have in the past year. It really is helpful to talk to others who've had similar experiences, and realize that you're not alone. Most of the people on this board are absolutely fantastic, and the rest are not half bad, either. Welcome!

• Flash
    Flash

Hello and welcome jwNOT

I am so grateful to have found this site. I got so excited reading everyones posts. I was never baptized but still feel like my family shuns me for leaving. Being raised in that mess still affects me to this day. My stepmother was very abusive and I was taught to keep my mouth shut! So I find it now really hard to talk to others.

I am now 32 and still feel like a child and I have to learn to get over that. I think by coming here and talking with people that know EXACTLY what I am going thru will help me heal.

Most everyone here is at some level recovering from the Cult programing and abuse experianced while being a Witness. Your in good company!

• bebu
    bebu

Howdy, howdy, howdy, jwNOT! Glad you came on board!

bebu

• kat2u
    kat2u

Welcome to this site.I have been here almost a year and It has been a great help to my recovery.

Also there are alot of Awesome people too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit