Starting the fade, and getting the "calls".

by kwintestal 26 Replies latest jw friends

• 4JWY
    4JWY

We knew we had to be up front when we received the first calls upon our walkaway - not making up excuses or hiding, but telling the honest facts - We would not be returning to sit at meetings where we are constantly bombarded with talk of death and destruction and the judging of all. Good mental health is important to my family and I, and we found that the religion and it's beliefs and negativity are not conducive to this. There's not been much they say in response to that.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Say "thanks but we're not intersted and no need for you to come by again" and that's all.

JW's shouldn't be like used car salesman that HOUND you, for goodness sakes, let people live their lives. Of course you are lucky that you are married and won't be threatened with DF'ing right now, but if they ever see anything that they can hang you with, be prepared.

I drifted away and was able to for 5 years before they caught up with me, then they dropped the gable and judged me and DF'd me even though I hadn't been to a meeting in 5 years.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm doing the fade thing myself. Although I think it'll be done rather quickly when I file for divorce soon.

Whenever my 'so-called' JW friends inquire about not seeing me, I'm just very polite.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh, of course, the pioneers will come by over and over. The faders are like their 'project'. Be patient with them all and always be polite.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Simplesally!!! What a picture!!! Priceless!!!

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

You could always be like me and tactfully tell them to f*ck off and quit bothering you.

Walter

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    tactfully tell them to f*ck off and quit bothering you

Hmm. I was just thinking, is there a tactful way to say f*ck off to someone?

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit