I finally said enough is enough (shunning)

by Fleur 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I believe you have been blessed with a wonderful life.....it's a shame that witnesses cannot see that. I know my family is still waiting to see my life fall apart....I too found a wonderful husband (non-JW) who is always by my side and supports me...'inhumane' is exactly how they treat us. I would not give up what I have now to go back to those people.....you don't deserve how they treated you at all....it made me so angry to read your story....but you handled it very well and you did the right thing.

May you continue to be blessed you deserve to be happy.

Eva

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

<<<essie>>>

That sense of personal empowerment is just too wonderful.

GL

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Does the Pin-dango of Joy!

congratulations! Don't let them hurt you anymore. You go, girl! Whoohoo!

CZAR

• Mary
    Mary
    I was a woman in an abusive marriage, who divorced a man who treated her like trash and then married one who treats me like gold. This is my sin in the eyes of the WTS. This is why I am unworthy to be a part of my own family. Is that right?

Unfortunately, the Borganization could not care less if you're happy in your marriage, or if your life is threatened; they only care about statistics and keeping up the charade that all their marriages are happy. To them, you're "just a woman" and you should be willing to endure beatings, mental abuse and anything else a "Christian" husband wants to dish out to you. How many times have we heard that 'the worst person in the Truth is better than the best person in the World'?? Plus, it's got to be embarassing and infuriating to them that a "worldly" man treats you so much better than someone who's supposed to be a Christian.

It's it ironic that they don't view physical abuse as grounds for disfellowshipping someone, yet marrying a worldly person who treats you like gold, is.............

• PinTail
  • outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WHAT DOES ALL THIS SHUNNING ACCOMPLISH???

DOES IT KEEP AN ORGANIZATION CLEAN? NO IT DOES NOT. THE SAME LEVEL OF MISSCONDUCT AS IS FOUND IN THE WORLD IN GENERAL REMAINS SAME AMONG JW'S. AND IS MADE WORSE WITH THE ADDITIONAL EFFECT OF SHUNNING.

WHAT IT DOES DO, IS CAUSE A LOT OF GRIEF AND ANGER AND PROMOTES A HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE IN THE JW'S. A PSYCHOLOGICLY SICK BELIEF OF SUPERIORITY.

SADLY NONE OF US ARE IMMUNE TO IT.

IT ALSO CAUSES DIVISIONS IN FAMILIES. AN ABNORMAL SITUATION GUARANTEED TO CREATE ABNORMAL BEHAVIOUR.

THIS BEHAVIOUR IS SIMILAR TO THAT FOUND IN THE SCHOOL YARD WITH BULLIES AND SNOBBISH CLICKS OF YOUNG GIRLS AND BOYS.

I HAD 2 SIBLINGS SHUN ME FOR YEARS UP TO THEIR DEATH. IT ONLY ACCOMPLISHED A LEVEL OF GRIEF AND MENTAL ANGUISH FOR "ALL OF US" NOTHING GOOD WAS ACCOMPLISHED.

STILL THERE ARE SOME WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND MY HATRED OF THE WBTS.

Outoftheorg

• PinTail
    PinTail

How come I can't post to this anyone know?

Shane

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

YOU JUST DID???

YOUR COMPLAINT/QUESTION IS POSTED??

Outoftheorg

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

{{{ Essie }}}

I've been in part of your shoes. My first husband was a highly abusive, controlling, violent, alcoholic. He "faded" a little before I did. But I was married to him for 7-1/2 years (no kids, thank gawd), 5 years longer than I should have been. Actually, 7-1/2 years longer than I should have been. I didn't want to go through with the wedding but the invitations had been mailed!

I am so proud of you! It takes a lot of guts to stand up to family. I learned many years ago that family knows just where to push all the buttons because they programmed them. So true.

I think you''ll find that you will take less and less abuse before you say "enough" and "no more". I know. Those are difficult words to pronounce when you've been a victim. But you are no longer a victim, and no longer need to be victimized. You've found your voice and your power.

Hugs and love to you, sis

Brenda

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mary said;

It's it ironic that they don't view physical abuse as grounds for disfellowshipping someone, yet marrying a worldly person who treats you like gold, is.............

Perhaps a little off the point, but I know of a sister who was DF'd for marrying a disfellowshipped man - there was no immorality, both were free to marry, but one elder told me she was DF'd for 'throwing her lot in with the lot of a Df'd person-' I had never heard of this -and asked him to show me the scriptures that applied - he didn't - big surprize!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit