"Hello Carlo"

by czarofmischief 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Remember that moment in the Godfather when Carlo gets into the car and the guy behind him says, "Hello Carlo" and you KNOW what's going to happen next?

anyother choice moments in cinema we'd care to share tonight?

CZAR

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

fried green tomatoes..when fighting over a parking spot..

kathy bates yells right before she rams the snotty teens car. " I"M OLDER AND I HAVE BETTER INSURANCE"

i use that one a lot lol

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"Bring me the butter." Marlon Brando, Last Tango in Paris

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

"Say hello to my leetle friend" Al Pacino, Scarface

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Of course, my favorite moment from Hellraiser is when Frank is all strung up on the hooks and chains, and then he pokes his tongue out and says, "Jesus wept." It's gross beyond gross, because then he explodes...

CZAR

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    kathy bates yells right before she rams the snotty teens car. " I"M OLDER AND I HAVE BETTER INSURANCE"

I heard a story that went something like that, gets me wondering if it's true or not now.

Ron Joyce (majority share owner of Wendy's and Tim Horton's franchiseur) a multi-millionare, was at a golf course parking lot in his Benz. He sees a parking spot and heads towards it. Almost there a kid in a little shitbox zips infront of him and steals the spot. The kid gets out and says, "That's what you can do when you're young, Old Man." Ron Joyce slams on the gas and rams into the back of the kids car, reverses, and repeats two or three times until the small car is pushed out of the way. He then gets out and says to the kid, "That's what you can do when you're rich, Kid."

Funny story, but maybe I've been had.

Kwin

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

"Yeah, but this one goes up to 11". Spinal Tap

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

"Do you have a lassanse for de minkey?" Peter Sellers in Return of Pink Panther (1975)

• Preston
    Preston

I don't think I have a choice moment per se, however nothing (in my opinion) tops the "Tommy Gun" scene in Miller's Crossing. I wouldn't decribe the intricate details if I wasn't positive that any of you had seen it, but that scene where Albert Finney takes on two guys with guns and a model-T car (!) amazes me every time I see it.

I think The Godfather is by far the most enjoyable American film ever made. Carlo's "death scene" in The Godfather is very well done. There's lots of great scenes, but I think probably the one that comes right after where you see Al Pacino's reaction to knowing that he's orcehestrated his brother in law getting killed, where he's wearing the suit and hat, that's chilling.There's also the baptism scene and the scene where Luca Brasi gets killed.

Another scene that impresses me is the one in Blue Velvet where Jeffrey goes back to the apartment and he sees a shot man...standing up! All of these are great.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

"Today, I repay my debt." Puss-in-boots, Shrek 2....

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit