I Want to be Jesus

by xjw_b12 11 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Jesus. Can I be you?

Can I have your "job"?

You know it's been a couple of thousand years since you've had your feet on terra ferma. Don't know where you are but have you noticed things are kinda falling apart around here. And no matter what your "true beleivers" tell me I can try and "emulate" you and live as you would but I can't heal like you could.

That fellow with his friends the other day, just 2 blocks from the school, drinking Lysol from the white plastic A&P shopping bag....Can I go up to him and touch him on the shoulder and "heal" him

Those women I read about....one tried to burn herself and her her daughters, the other cut her babies arms off...can I wrap my arms around them, and put things in reverse, and everything will be ok

How about the soldier in Africa who after raping a women, tried to force her son to have intercourse with her, and when he refused took him out to the field and shot him in the head. Can I put my hands on his shoulders, and remove all that biiter hate and pain from his heart.

Fact is.... Jesus I can't do any of this, but I sure wish I could.

So it seems you and your dad have some timetable we are not privy to, and you could be abscent for another couple of centuries or so. All I am asking is for a bit a repreive here.

Can I have your power just for a short time.

I promise not to abuse it.

I just want to help.

PS I'd even be willing to do the stake/cross thing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Very .. ah .. touching. Yahh, it brought a tear to this old cynical bastard.

S

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks Satanus.

I don't usually post emotional like that, but it's been a tough week, and when I get sad it gets replaced with anger. That prose was me shaking my fist at the heavens.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I know how you feel.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sarcasm!!!! Damn, but it was good. It reminded me of my christian phase when i actually believed in stuff like that.

S

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    It reminded me of my christian phase when i actually believed in stuff like that.

But you still believe in youself.

Six. I had read that piece in the early morning news before you posted.

That expression "your cup runneth over" . Who said that?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Oh yeah. I just wanted to add.....Jesus If you're reading this can you send me a PM, because the "channel" you recommend we use dosen't seem to be working.

• FMZ
    FMZ

XJW mate... beautiful.

All I can say to the feelings that apparently accompanied the writing is that you may not be able to do these things, you may not be able to heal the sick in such a literal way... but... every day we have opportunities to show love to our fellow man. Even just a smile can have an amazing effect on someone's day.

In all, we may not have the power of Jesus, but we sure as hell can still show the love.

FMZ

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

FMZ Thank you.

All I can say to the feelings that apparently accompanied the writing is that you may not be able to do these things, you may not be able to heal the sick in such a literal way... but... every day we have opportunities to show love to our fellow man. Even just a smile can have an amazing effect on someone's day.

In all, we may not have the power of Jesus, but we sure as hell can still show the love.

FMZ

I hear that.... I practice that, but it is an uphill battle. I just want peace, and I want to be able to give it in a way larger than I can now.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dave,

Something tells me you don't believe in God and Jesus anymore!

Well, you don't have to - and as for love and kindness, you have that in abundance!!

Healing? Yes, I'd love to be able to do that, also. The truth is, we all have our own journey to make. Some don't realise it in this life - nor even in the next (i.e. rebirth) - but for those who know, the presence is a beautiful thing. Look inwards, my friend. Embrace nature. Cherish the love you receive and reciprocate. Give to others. You're already healing............

Love (and you know I mean it),

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit