How do the people who run the WTBTS Society view the Org.?

by formerout 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• formerout
    formerout

Quite often when reading some of the topics and posts I see comments about how all the Big-Wigs at the WTBTS care only about the printing company, etc. I have been accused of being a little too naive or trusting in the past, but I tend to think that even a lot of the higher-ups in the KH's and even at Bethel believe that it is in fact the one true religion. I tend to believe that a very small percentage of them figure that it's just a way to make money, etc.

What do you think?

Brad

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think that many know that they are being taken advantage of to the benifit of the org. therefore in on the crime.

Kwin

• shamus
    shamus

I don't understand your question. The organization is the WTBTS. The organization is a buzzword made up by the WTBTS and used to identify them.

They view themselves as god's only channel, and fly on luxury airplanes to remote fishing camps for fun. That's not how they view themselves; that's what they do.

• gumby
    gumby
    I tend to believe that a very small percentage of them figure that it's just a way to make money, etc.

I agree. Most follow it because of faith, not money.

Gumby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In C of C, Ray Franz said

I still feel that there were many good men on the Governing Body...........................................we have been 'victims of victims'
  • jgnat
    jgnat

We can think we think we know what somebody is thinking but if they don't tell us what they are thinking it is all just speculation. I do notice on the macro scale that headquarters does not respond quickly to change, distrust youth, and demand complete control. I wrote my thoughts about the psychology of an ageing organization here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/73054/1.ashx

They operate very much like a third generation large business in their decision making. Do they really believe in what they are doing? Perhaps. Remember that Gorbachev kept his personal opinions to himself all the way to his rise to the top. Then he promptly dismantled the Communist machine.

• gumby
    gumby
    Remember that Gorbachev kept his personal opinions to himself all the way to his rise to the top. Then he promptly dismantled the Communist machine.

So......you thinkin maybe there is a Gorbachev on the GB who waiting for Teddy to die so he can drop the hammer?

Gumby

Btw.....aren't you a hatchet murderer?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Gumby, we can only hope. But I have my doubts. A centrally-controlled organization like the WTBTS promotes sycophants, not visionaries. More likely the organization will suffer a slow and ignomonious decline, due to the lack of vision and leadership at the top. Case in point, the rise and fall of Eaton's department store. http://www.ualberta.ca/~publicas/folio/37/04/opinion.html

Sheesh, I thought everybody had forgotten that little incident with the machete. What a memory you have!

• Gill
    Gill

Hi there,

So what's with the luxury planes and the fishing holidays in remote locations?

And what's with this luxury place, is it in New Jersey, with the marble and the chandeliers?

Could it possible be, if not pocketing the money, some naughty boys are taking advantage of this stack of cash that's being so carefully invested?

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think CofC promotes a view that the leadership likely believes what they're spewing. History is full of leaders who took up a cause which happened to coincide with their own self-interests, yet they still appeared to wholeheartedly believe in the cause. Constantine appears to fall in this category. Cult leaders have taken their own lives in cult mass suicide tragedies. I think that perhaps the psychological need for the WTS to be "the truth" is even greater for the leadership than it is for the followers...to the point of self-delusion...despite having all the facts at their disposal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit