Who is the greatest sports anti-hero of all time?

by ColdRedRain 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

In the same vein of minimus' thread, who would be the greatest sport's antihero? You know, the nasty guy that always got the job done, who wasn't liked by the fans, but when the game was on the line, would show up and win?

I'll have to say Charles Barkley. Sure, he didn't get any rings, but it wasn't his fault.

• troucul
    troucul

I'd have to say Jim McMahon, 1985 Chicago Bears. I hated that guy, would have loved to see him take a helmet in the back. Maybe I hate him just because he beat our Tony Eason and Steve Grogan. Grogan deserved that ring almost as much as Marino. Oh well, he got the job done, I have to give him that.

• one
    one

Tyson?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    I'd have to say Jim McMahon, 1985 Chicago Bears. I hated that guy, would have loved to see him take a helmet in the back. Maybe I hate him just because he beat our Tony Eason and Steve Grogan. Grogan deserved that ring almost as much as Marino. Oh well, he got the job done, I have to give him that.

HUGE Grogan fan here. Grogan to Stanley! Poor ole Eason came from that same freshman class as Elway, Jim Kelly and Marino right?

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Rodman.

• teejay
    teejay

Dang. Good question! I tend to think that whoever you mention isn't all that hated. I mean, if he got the job done for the "home team," obviously he'd be making a lot of people happy. That said...

John McEnroe is the first person to pop into my head. Then, from what I've recently read, Ted Williams wasn't all that beloved by the good and fair people of Boston. Tyson is a good answer. So is Rodman.

Did I say good question? Dang. Good question!

• City Fan
    City Fan

Diego Maradonna

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

My DAD!!!!! panther

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Confusedjw=red sox: just look at his shirt and the beer in his hand. He totally has the look of the greatest sports anti-hero of all time. lol panther

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

OJ. Duh?

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit