What would you do?,,,,need advice

by LyinEyes 24 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Dede. Your probably correct about your appraisal of your dad and the matters that will come up.

I agree with Valis on writing a letter. Letters are so much better than in person when it comes to deep subjects in which much explaining is needed. You get interupted in conversation also and never can finish what you wanted to say. If your dad can agree to except you for who you are, that would be a blessing.

Tell Denny I said hi and that I thought of you two the other night when I had a couple of shots.

Gumby

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hey Dede,

You have recieved so much good advise from everyone already..........I don't have much to add.........I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and I hope everything works out.

My dad and I are not close either..........it has been a while since I have spoke to him....but I keep him at a safe distance.........a distance that I feel safe at.

I love you.........send my love to your family for me.

Jes

• shamus
    shamus

Hi Dede,

I hope that you'll consider some counselling on this matter with a professional. There are so many issues for you to work out here, it's hard to know what's right or wrong. Sounds like your dad is worried about you and the botchtower is making him feel alone right now...

I don't know the answer to your question. I gues it would depend if he's toxic to you. If he's toxic, then you have to leave him alone and tell him why maybe in a letter. Or maybe he is doubting the watchtower and is looking to see your reasons for leaving. I don't know. Sorry.

• setfree
    setfree

Just remember what you have learned.. Honor your father and mother. This advise is not just for younger children you know?

• Valis
    Valis
    Just remember what you have learned.. Honor your father and mother.

when they stop actively loving their children then all bets are off period. As sexy six said previously it should get to the point where parent/child becomes friend/freind and not "respect me regardless of what I do"/child.Duh!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit