Quick question - need some references that I don't have to hand.

by LittleToe 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Flash
    Flash

Sorry LT, I'm not great at quotes either.

?Jesus Christ is not the mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the mediator between his heavenly father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spritual Isreal, which is limited to only 144,000 members.? - Worldwide Security, 1986, p10 (see also WT 79/04/01 p31, WT 79/11/15 p26, WT 89/8/15 p31)

Talk about EGO. The GB/Anointed are supremely full of themselves...It's all about them, we're just a bunch of 'also rans.'

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Great References ! Thanks.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Great thread, Ross - and some brilliant answers! I could use this lot myself!!

Thanks, everyone.

Ian

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hate Apostates

*** w70 11/15 p. 695 When Hatred Is a Good Thing?a Protection ***

enlightened Christians rightly hate those who are confirmed enemies of God, such as the Devil and his demons, as well as men who have deliberately and knowingly taken their stand against Jehovah. (Ps. 139:21, 22) This hatred of such individuals does not seek to inflict injury on them and is not synonymous with spite or malice. Rather, it finds expression in its utter abhorrence and avoidance of those intensely hating Jehovah. You must avoid the "table of demons" if you hope to eat at Jehovah?s table

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

here is what I know about 1914 doctrain:April 15,1961 page236 stated those who were alive in 1914 would not pass away before the end of the world.also May1,1967 page262says the generationthat saw the beginning of the time period would also see the ending. October 8,1968 said 54 yearsof the periodcalled the last dayshave already gone by....only a few more years remain before this system is distroyed by God.Jesus was speaking of youngsters 15 years of age who were old enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914.They are 70 years old today. By 1984 teens in 1914 were in their 80's. now the Watchtower reversed themselfs to include Babies born in 1914 when calculating the lengthof the generation.[May 15,1984 page . Today those babies are 90 years old so now they change the meaning of thw word "generation" and say 1914 is the beginning of the last days. Doing this they don't have to defend the doctrain anymore Now the July 15, 1984 page 20 under "Build a secure future" last paragraph says: "Never forget God's organization is the only one that will survive the end of this dying system." The insight of the scriptures vol.2 page362 at bottom left side says Jesus is Mediator only to the annointed. Hope this has helped.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just adding this link to the list, Re: "20th century prophecy"
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/81414/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit