JW's Attitude

by pc 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ThisGuy04
    ThisGuy04

Have you ever seen a family member pretend to laugh as evolution is discussed on a nature program, or bitterly shout "READ THE BIBLE!" at the television set? I have.

LMAO...YES!!! all the time, my mom's funny for that....same goes for anything that comes on about any holiday and "witches" (LOTR/HP/etc)...it's either a laugh, a bitter shout or an arrogant scoff with an eye roll and some comment about how people can believe such "garbage" lol

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

LMAO...YES!!! all the time, my mom's funny for that....same goes for anything that comes on about any holiday and "witches" (LOTR/HP/etc)...it's either a laugh, a bitter shout or an arrogant scoff with an eye roll and some comment about how people can believe such "garbage" lol

LOTR was incredibly divisive in my old Cong when it first came out!We even had a local needs about going to see it!Thankfully,the Elder giving that talk got busted big style by our very liberal C/O of the time.Funny now looking back,but at the time...how ridiculous!!!

• wizedup
    wizedup

Blondie said,....."I remember one sister who called on the minister's home knowing she was more than prepared to counter his statements. I went with her and watched as this minister dissected her statements with scripture after scripture. The minister never pulled out anything resembling the "Reasoning" book or a church magazine to do it either.

I called on a woman who happened to have her "CO" at her house. He quickly took over the conversation, calling himself a DR. I asked , "what kind?" He said ."theology" and then he talked circles around my head. I didn't know what the heck he was saying!!! I managed to get a few scriptures in and he refuted them all sometimes with sarcasm.I wasn't afraid because I had Jehovah on my side , plus I didn't know what theology even was! That high sounded word didn't scare me. Then he said,"I hope you've learned something today?" I PROUDLY replied, "YES, I have. Jesus never would have treated someone concern about truth the way you treated me. I learned Jehovah is my God and he always will be!" I walked away dazed but proud I stood up for the "truth".

Be kind to me here I was very "green" then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit