"Just being seen on the street is a witness."

by seattleniceguy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• wizedup
    wizedup

It sure is different being on the other side of the door now. We have a Mormon church right down the street. Just like we could be identified by our dress up clothes and book bags, they wear their black pants and white shirts, and obey the rules and wear a bike helmet. You can spot them everytime. I now feel, "I know what you're going through." (sigh) At least they aren't expected to do it till death do them part.

Blondie: We also had "Dog Houses" in sunny Florida. (no one home but the dog)

I wonder if in New York City the angels get confused since most everyone on the streets are dressed up and have a briefcase of sorts? They could be cheering the wrong folks on. Just think, if these folks only knew they could hand in their time because the angels see them! Oh, I forgot, the angels have the power to peer into the briefcases and see whether it was business papers or Watchtower business papers. Shame on me for forgetting that.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Remember how the Witnesses used to always say that even if they didn't meet anyone home, just being seen by traffic on the street was a witness?

Wow. Wish I'd thought of that when I was a pioneer. I could have just put up a billboard somewhere and count my time 24/7!!

• dorothy
    dorothy

This is such a croc! I remember one of the reasons being told I couldn't wear pants was because if someone saw me on the street while out in service they wouldn't know I was a witness unless I had a dress on. Yeah, that all-important being-seen-on-the-street witness

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Yet, despite all this concern about how they look on the street they just love to pick on other religions about their showy dress and their attempts to impress the public in order to gain followers. Don't they love to quote the scripture that says that those who make public declarations of faith are like white-washed graves? All nice and clean on the outside but on the inside they are full of death. Have they tried to apply this to themselves I wonder?

• wizedup
    wizedup

I remember in the 70's info on how Jesus didn't enlarge the fringes of his garments to be viewed by men. Judas had to identify him with a kiss. The brothers ought to take THAT to heart and all stand around and kiss each other for identification.

Uh oh, I think I'm getting wound up!

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Now just grab her ass a little. That's right. She likes that. Rub her back now... :)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    This is such a croc! I remember one of the reasons being told I couldn't wear pants was because if someone saw me on the street while out in service they wouldn't know I was a witness unless I had a dress on. Yeah, that all-important being-seen-on-the-street witness.

Wouldn't they know you were JWs if they saw two people together carrying briefcases/over-sized handbags and walking really slowly?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

How do the Witnesses feel about those little purses that men carry in Europe? <hee hee> Is there a name for them? Would they think the guy was a girl and that wouldn't be a good witness? In Texas they are called saddle bags.. or is that on my hips?

Country Girl

P.S. Gumbolina had one at the last Aposto-chili-fest, but it was for his Ter-killia and beans, not his Witchpower and Unawake!.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

It's just more reason for them to act like the Pharisees by adding more and more rules and burdons to the followers. I just think it's hillarious how they put the Pharisees down by saying they added undue burdon to the population and made it very hard to do the right thing because everything was wrong. And then they turn right around and say that if you have a goatee or beard then you are not to have any priviledges and you are councled. Women can only wear dresses and men can only wear suits. Your hair has to be just right. Even on your own time you have to be presentable at all times. You can't do this. You can't do that. You have to do this and you have to do that.

Funny how none of these rules or regulations are IN THE BIBLE. Yet the Pharisees are the bad guys. RIIIIGHHT. It's also funny that most of these little rules are based around vanity and appearance to others. Tell me, what angel was the most beautiful angel and what was his end result? Satan and he let it get to his head and it ruined him. He also uses vanity now. He comes as an angel of light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit