You DON'T Have To Listen To The Elders If They Say They Want To Meet ....

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

Holy Cow, special K! They sent you a letter!?!

I demanded that they inform me in writing of their decision but that I would not meet with them, and they never sent me anything. They just announced that I'd been df'd.

I'm amazed that they did that!

Along with the original post...honestly, don't fear them, don't give them the satisfaction of humliating you for any reason. They have no right to judge, they are just as human as anyone else is.

I have no regrets for skipping the whole ugly affair. They were going to df me either way.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Everybody has different circustanses and some of us are able to confront the beast head on while other have to be very carefull just to save the circle of family and friends.

I was confrontational it was that is my type of personality,,I felt betrayed and angry and wanted to expose them because they are idiots who mess up peoples lives. I would not be able to do what some do and pretend it is still the truth,,the pain would be unbearable and I would burst forth and get myself DF any way.

So everybody has there own things to consider that frankly I'm glad I don't have to decide for anybody but me. And that is hard enough.

Grespo,

Good luck on what ever you do.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Um just tell them the truth. You can't meet with them alone because you don't want to burden them with being liable, but if they insist to meet with you you are going to have to have your lawyer draw um some non-disclosures, and you can only meet 1 on 1.

I mean it is not that hard or complicated.

• minimus
    minimus

Gespro, I feel everyone has the right to deal with things in the way that is best for them. There are no absolutes in anything. My point is to say that since most Witnesses have been conditioned to believe they MUST deal with the elders----all I'm trying to say is that isn't true.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I guarantee you that if you notify the Jehovah's Witness elders by registered mail that you want to meet with them before 100 people with a few questions for them and with a newspaper reporter present and with a video camera running, they will not show up and they will not summons you:-) They are cowards of the lowest kind. Their god Jehovah only works with them behind closed doors. They are not Jehovah's witnesses, they are Jehovah's "we don't want any witnesses".

Elders have actually RUN away from me.

Believe me, they are NOTHING to fear. I am glad I was never an elder. At least my inability to conform saved me from that embarrassment. I'd meet with any number of them any time, all I want is the meeting to be on my terms. Hahahaha

If you are afraid of em, go after the bastards. You'll get over your fear in a hurry. GaryB

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Gary us kinda right. I also notice real life is different than the advertising the wts puts in its magazines. You can get away with anything in JWs as long as it is a secret. If there is any chance that the secret will leave the little back room they want to bring the wrath of God down upon you. It is terrible to think that some people believe the JC is a "kangaroo court" or "witchhunt". It is neither it is a arangement drafted by lawyers to protect the wts from being liable. It allows them to be privilage and not privalege at the same time so if they are sued they can pick what ever side suits them. Other churches do it too but nobody cares because they usually are not as asinine.

Also this is why elders rarely set a time for more than one JC meeting. The impromtude "the elders want to meet with you after the meeting" is of a legal loop hole. This is also why the elders like to do unannouced sheparding calls to get most of the facts straightened out before hand so they only have to JC at the hall once. It is all a dance so complicated the layman easily gets lost including my self. Heck even judges do. To see that is really just a fire wall and have zero religious meaning just get a court transcript. Like the WT lawyer said in NH well if judge (forgot his name) is counfused on if the JW elders have privilage how are they to know? Are they suppossed call laywers to advise them on what is privilage and what is not.

It is suprising even here for people not to mention that these things are structured not to boost the egos of "men", but to protect supranational NGO's.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    and with a newspaper reporter present and with a video camera running,

The media is the newest tool of the devil.

Just make sure it's the editor of the religious column.

Kwin

• garybuss
    garybuss

Just make sure it's the editor of the religious column.

Kwin

It was Kwin.

XQ, Good relpy, Thanks! GaryB

• PinTail
    PinTail

In the words of Edith Ann just say :"I Don't Have To Do Anything I Don't Want Too".

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    They are cowards of the lowest kind. Their god Jehovah only works with them behind closed doors. They are not Jehovah's witnesses, they are Jehovah's "we don't want any witnesses".

Exactly! They don't even have the balls to have a JC in front of a congregation of JWs, let alone worldly? people! They have their kangaroo courts in private so other congregation members don't find out how warped they are.

If you are afraid of em, go after the bastards. You'll get over your fear in a hurry.

So true! I've had it out with some pretty loud mouthed blowhards of elders, our city overseer among them. Every one beat a hasty retreat upon discovering that I wasn't taking their shit.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit