busted by a fake evergreen tree

by cab1000 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

So you can't say that "the Light was getting brighter and brighter", because he already knew it had been a pagan holiday..........

Mary,

I recall having that conversation with my dad once. I think there was even a WT article that we studied and it talked about that. The explaination was that is was not the right "time" for that light to get brighter yet. They did see how wrong it was "yet". If you are in the dark and then suddenly walk into a bright room, can you see well? No, it hurts your eyes. Therefore, the light must gradually get brighter and brighter. We should be so glad the light is shining so brightly today! (I think I am getting a headache)

Makes sense to me!.............doesn't it? LOL

Krissy

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

"I recall having that conversation with my dad once. I think there was even a WT article that we studied and it talked about that. The explaination was that is was not the right "time" for that light to get brighter yet. They did see how wrong it was "yet". If you are in the dark and then suddenly walk into a bright room, can you see well? No, it hurts your eyes. Therefore, the light must gradually get brighter and brighter. We should be so glad the light is shining so brightly today! (I think I am getting a headache)" Krissy

I guess this must mean that all of the first witnesses were idiots in Gods eyes.

Circa 1935: Bethel Christmas morning breakfast: "Guess what Brothers and Sisters....Christmas is pagan and we wont be doing it any more come the next service year." (much screaming and running about with hands over ears ensues) "Wait!! Wait!! No No!! Ok! I take it back! I mean uh....it MIGHT be pagan and uh....we need to STAY ON THE WATCH and um....ok maybe in three years we'll quit Christmas. Yeah...that's the ticket. Meanwhile there are plenty of my books left to give as gifts this year AND they make great birthday presents too!"

• Mary
    Mary

The explaination was that is was not the right "time" for that light to get brighter yet. They did see how wrong it was "yet".

LMAO..........what a load of shit pathetic, lame excuse. Which part of "it stems from a pagan holiday" did they need to be enlightened on?

If you are in the dark and then suddenly walk into a bright room, can you see well?

Yep.

No, it hurts your eyes.

Oh dear, I stand corrected.

Therefore, the light must gradually get brighter and brighter. We should be so glad the light is shining so brightly today! (I think I am getting a headache)

That whole thing about "the light getting brighter" actually has zip to do with understanding bible prophecy. When you read the preceding verse, it's obviously talking about righteous and unrighteous people and how their "paths" go, depending on how they live their lives.....at least, that's how it sounds to me........yes, their explanations are enough to give you a migrane, that's for sure.

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Hey! I didn't say I agree with it! LOL That is one of those things that never sat well with me. I guess I didn't have enough faith.....(rolling eyes)

Just another example of the ways things are twisted so that they can "make sense"

but it never did!

-Krissy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit