DY's Letter of Disassociation... Just Dreaming For Now.

by Doubtfully Yours 13 Replies latest jw friends

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

When you are resigning from a job - it is best to give a brief non-explanation or none at all regarding your decision. Professionalism rules.

When you are leaving a religion... it may be a little different. I would suggest making sure it includes non-refutable arguments regarding their doctrine; emphasizing that "waiting on Jehovah" isn't good enough anymore. Try couching it in spiritual terms, they may leave you alone. Being considered an "apostate" is actually a great protection from harassment and the emotional torture. The shunning begins almost immediately, and while painful, is much better than repeated phone calls, JC's, and shepherding calls.

Of course, they have the imperative to save you. They are going to try - what you have to do is make it spiritually dangerous for them to visit with you. Maybe you can try convincing them to leave WITH you. Go on the offensive for a bit. It will drive them into defensive mode, and then they will never talk to you again.

Avoid becoming overly emotional. I can tell you hate the meetings. The memory of countless wasted evenings leads to my imagination being hauled into the bathroom for a spanking; if that analogy makes any sense. Trauma through boredom. But it is actually irrelevant. They won't leave you alone because you say you're bored. Good luck...

CZAR

• willyloman
    willyloman

If you posted this to get feedback here's mine:

My sincere appreciation for introducing me to the bible, which helped instill certain moral values and discipline in me

No sense giving them more credit than they deserve.

Otherwise, it has the distinct advantage of being very brief which is critical since these few sentences are about all they will bother to read.

• eljefe
    eljefe

Does your letter answer the questions of who, what, when, where, why and how?

I think your letter needs more in the why and how department. I think you need a little diatribe about mind control and a link to this site in the letter. That way, you can claim insanity afterwards.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Thanks for all your candid replies. I plan on modifying my letter according to some of your suggestions.

Thanks once again. I look forward to the day when I deliver it to the elders and mail it to my actual conditional 'so-called' friends.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit