WT says Hypnosis is Spellcasting

by Sirona 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

See how they quote Deuteronomy "binding others with a spell" regarding hypnosis! That is not what that scripture is talking about at all!

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2003/7/8a/article_01.htm

Sirona

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

They quote the dictionary definition of hypnotism:

Hypnosis is defined as "a sleeplike state usually induced by another person in which the subject may experience ... heightened suggestibility."

Sounds like every meeting I ever attended!

• heart2heart
    heart2heart

They quote the dictionary definition of hypnotism:
    Hypnosis is defined as "a sleeplike state usually induced by another person in which the subject may experience ... heightened suggestibility."
    Sounds like every meeting I ever attended!

roflmao That's hilarious!!! Unfortunetly, it is also true!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've undergone hyponsis several times, and it was nothing like 'casting a spell'.

I was aware of my surroundings, and the hypnotherapist, I was even aware that there was a cricket outside of his office. The closest thing I could liken it to is that half-awake/half-asleep stage you're at first thing in the morning.

Chris

• metatron
    metatron

Take note that the Watchtower cowards fail to classify homeopathic "medicine" as casting a spell.

It has no scientific basis or foundation - therefore if it is believed to be effective, it is "uncanny power".

Personally, I find no fault with it - but they don't follow their own logic.

metatron

• gumby
    gumby

The society believes that emptying your mind ...such as with meditation....is leaving room for demon control. I guess the society figures if one loses their mental guard, demons take over. How comforting to know that if a person loses his mental capacity....such as with alzheimers, going under anesthesia, etc., demons might invade. I guess Jehovah won't step in and help your ass out either......he just lets the demons have a field day!

I went to a hypnotist for smoking along with a group of others. I guess I can't be hypnotized because I wasn't even close to going out. I'm not the type to let my mind empty I guess

Gumby

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I guess the society figures if one loses their mental guard, demons take over.

I guess they ought to know. That's probably why they make their meetings so repetitive and boring. They want the crowd to be in a semi-conscious state.

Walter

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I would never give permission for anyone to take over my mind and actions. It's downright crazy!

Nope, not big on hypnosis here!

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Alright, there I went again, with my 'deep inside harddrive indoctrination' stuff.

DY

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS is so stupid. When one is under hypnosis, one cannot be compelled or forced to do ANYTHING... there is only a suggestion.

Some people are more suggestable than others which is why you can get them to cluck like a chicken on stage. They only do it because they WANT to do it, not because they were forced to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit