Now we're cookin'

by Princess 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Left click on the Start tab (at the bottom, left corner)

Go to Settings

Then Taskbar Start Menu (click on it to open it)

From there you will see add/remove Click on "remove" scroll down and click onto any program you wish to have removed from your start menu. They will still be available to you but you will have to access them from the Start/Programs Menu.

Hope that helps.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I looked in My Computer - C - didn't see any "Prefetch", can it have another name ?

It's a hidden windows file. Open the windows folder.C/Windows ..To view the prefetch folder go to tools...folder options...views and select show hidden files and folders.

Princess

Windows media player may be loading from the STARTUP folder found in your program list from the start button.Delete anything you want from the startup folder that you don't want to load at startup.Deleting programs from your program list will NOT keep them from autostarting.

Many programs also have an options list that will configure if and when they startup.Try a right click on many programs and properties or options often will come up to disable auto start.

Anything on your taskbar is running in the background so try to keep all these programs to a minimum also.

• Princess
    Princess

Thanks Poztate. I went to the startup menu and it wasn't there so I was wondering what was up with that.

It's not a big deal. Kind of irritating but now that things are zooming along faster, I can deal with it.

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit