Another reason to hate the WTS.

by CountryGuy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

CG, I hope she'll wake up and open her eyes so that she's not blind any longer to what love really is. I know it must've hurt some. It is her loss. One day, she might realize how much pain shunning can cost. And hopefully she'll learn to stop judging...that really is not her place.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Awww, Country Guy. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've been there...believe me.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

love,

essie

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I hate the shunning rule among JWs!

I'll try to look somewhat decent when I go out in public after I send my DA letter. Believe me, they take great pleasure in commenting amongst themselves how terrible and rundown disfellowshipped members look after leaving 'God's Organization'.

DY

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Though I'm not DF'd or DA'd, I've been shunned several times since coming home. (Apparently the entire circuit has heard the rumor that I'm gay. I guess technically it isn't a rumor if it's true.) But, this one hurt, a lot more than I thought it would/should have.

My daughter Mysterious found that she was shunned by a few even close friends when she came out.It was explained to her that they were really shunning her because she had left the truth?(not DF'd or DA'd) and not because she was gay.YEAH RIGHT nothing but BS

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Shunning really is an unloving thing to do. I tried to explain it to my partner, but having never been a JW, he just doesn't get it. I guess more than anything, I'm more annoyed with the fact that I let it get to me.

Anyway, I'm over it now. It helped a lot when I overheard the employees at the coffee shop talking about this big table of rude people who were in on Saturday night. I recognized it to be the big table of JWs. I didn't even have to tell the employees that they were JWs to feel better... doing that was just icing on the cake. Of course, once I happened to mention it, she said, "It figures, none of them tipped."

Again, thanks for listening. Getting it off my chest helped the most.
    Country

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit