CHRISTMAS WOES

by emmamess22 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bebu
    bebu

BB, good points. False guilt needs to be specifically addressed like you say... I just find it hard to not see a bigger picture.

I don't recall Jesus condemning acts of kindness at any time--even on the sabbath, where any work was traditionally forbidden. Jesus said that God has a strong preference for kindness over self-denial; also notice that Jesus called innocent the very ones the pharisees had condemned for picking grain:

Matt 12:7 If you had known what these words mean, `I desire mercy , not sacrifice ' you would not have condemned the innocent.

RO 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Hope these will help alleviate that false guilt, emma.

bebu

• emmamess22
    emmamess22

Wow, you guys rock!! Bring on the gifts!!

• Scully
    Scully

emmamess22:

Have you ever wondered why the WTS conveniently glosses over the fact that Jesus was brought up in the JEWISH faith and culture, and that it's more than likely that he celebrated all the Jewish festivals (since they were decreed by Yahweh to be observed) like Hannukah, Passover, Purim, and all kinds of other religious days of celebration?

Why does the WTS expect JWs to "be like Jesus" in so many ways, yet they neglect the example he set in observing traditional Jewish festivals? He was righteous to the point of casting out the money changers that were in the Temple, so I would think he'd be very keen to observe everything the Scriptures required, including the festivals and celebrations of his culture and faith.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit