Watchtower Television Advertisement

by The Thinker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

We had the C/O meeting this week and he confirmed on the platform that the Watchtower is "experimenting" with Television Add's in the USA. He also said that they are on 'community' television and are free. Anyone ever seen them?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I used to wonder, when we were JW's why they didn't do that. The Mormons seem to have good success with their ads.

Haven't seen any JW ones though.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    'community' television and are free

Sounds like the WBTS. As we all know "Free is a very good price" (Tom Peterson, Portland, Oregon). And who watches community tele, anyway? Should be very effective.....

Brenda

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, they appear on your local affiliates as well since the FCC requires that the provide air time to groups that fit a certain criteria, non-profit, helping the community. The time is to be offered without cost. If the Mormons qualify, I can see that JWs would too.

PSAs - public service announcements

• flower
    flower

I saw one last year...typical BS.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

You can watch them yourself online here:

http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/index.htm

The ones online have (Public Service Announcement) beside the title.

Kwin

• dothemath
    dothemath

We've had some ads up in Canada.............I get a laugh about ones showing a husband and wife strolling along a beach around sunset, or some families playing in the park, etc.

In our congregation those things never happen..........everyone's way too busy with "spiritual things".......so the ads seem very misleading.

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

I haven't seen one, but man, talk about desperation! What a joke.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Maybe they should try one with Claymation, like that old California Raisins commercial. Yeah, that would work!

• gumby
    gumby
    Maybe they should try one with Claymation, like that old California Raisins commercial. Yeah, that would work!

Did someone say ....claymation Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit