On becoming a (shunned) person...

by logansrun 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have experienced similar. I have never even been talked to by the elders. We have elected to 'fade out' if they let us. I had a 'sister' stand 3 feet away in a coffee shop for 10 minutes and refuse to even acknowledge my presence.

I wonder - since gossip is a disfellowshipping offense - how she found out I had 'apostate' thinking anyway? Certainly the Pharassies would not have said anything to her?

I have determined that the next time it happens I will make a scene. I will let everyone in the area know that this rude person is a witness, and how shocked I am at the treatment. That should make a little trouble for the next dub to the door - !

Jeff

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In reference to not even making eye contact with ex-members, I heard this sister tell others that she heard a Circuit Overseer say in a talk that it's not good to make eye contact with disfellowshipped members because they've succumbed to the influence of Satan and it's as though they're being influenced by demons. Therefore, looking in the eye is as though you're staring at evil forces.

How's that for stupidity?

DY

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I guess I was a sorry ass JW from the beginning to the end.

Everytime I saw a df'd JW I always said hello and even had a short conversation.....even while I was a MS and elder. Guess I still saw the "human" in those "demon posessed" outcasts. My wife who was raised in the truf did the same.

And on one occasion, I really felt PROUD of myself when a df'd person came back to the truf and said that it was my kindness to him while he was df'd (we worked in the same place) that made him have a change of heart and come back. Oh.....I think I might cry now!

At least this guy had enough smarts to leave again way before I did.

HappyDad

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Now that was funny ! ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit