On becoming a (shunned) person...

by logansrun 23 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

As I walked back from the bank to my car yesterday I saw an elder and his wife from my old, old congregation. I waved, but they didn't see me. They entered their car, backed up and I stood exactly two feet away from their window smiling and waving. Their heads were locked straight ahead like a pair of stone statues. No one has that poor of peripheral vision. Even though I'm not DFd or DAd, I was shunned. No doubt about it.

This was a first for me. What are my feelings "on becoming a shunnee"? Actually, I felt a sense of empowerment! Think about it -- I'm so "dangerous" that this long-time JW couple would not even LOOK at me. Perhaps they thought they would go blind due to my demonic powers or that they would spontaneously feel an urge to fuck a cat or something. Who knows?

The dangerous, partaker of the table of demons, wayward, lost, sexxed up, lying malicious apostate who's not even disfellowshipped,

Bradley

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Actually, I felt a sense of empowerment! Think about it -- I'm so "dangerous" that this long-time JW couple would not even LOOK at me.

LMAO!

Yup... I know exactly what you are talking about. They think they are "punishing" us by doing the "Statue Stare"... in reallity they are scared shtless of us.

I remember when I was a JW, the feeling of seeing a DFed person: Fear, confusion. What do I do??? What is "appropriate"??? What if another JW is nearby and sees me being too friendly with the DFed person and reports me to the elders???

Abject FEAR... that is what they experience when they see an xJW.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I'm sorry to hear "it has begun" Bradley, but on the other hand, you sure are hilarious!! Good! Keep that sense of humor. We all need it to deal with the JW's in our lives and paths, don't we??

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Who started this thread? I didn't see anyone?

• Gill
    Gill

Congratulations! You've entered the realm of the 'undead'.

It's funny but you spend all your life as a witness fearing being shunned by friends and relatives and yet when it finally happens it's the most liberating experience imaginable.
    I have promised myself that I will wave, smile and shout 'hello' to every witness I meet now except for the ones that I feel like shunning before they shun me, if you know what I mean.

Good luck Logansrun and have fun!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It's really funny.

But when your own family does it, it has a fresh and unnatural pain.

Other than that, though, the entertainment possibilities are endless... bon discomme!

CZAR

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I think it's kind of funny when they shun me. By their shunning, they are actually taking more notice of me than they did while I was an active member.

Walter

• Fleur
    Fleur
    But when your own family does it, it has a fresh and unnatural pain.

Other than that, though, the entertainment possibilities are endless... bon discomme!

CZAR

Ain't that the truth, CZAR?

Congratulations (I think) Bradley. It does crack me up when the general rank and file shun me, kind of like I'm so evil that demons might rub off on them if they look at me. It is amusing, the lengths they go to to avoid eye contact. I loved it when they had to have me wait on them at my old job, they had no choice.

But with family...ugh I can't begin to articulate how it sucks. I'm still debating if I'm going to my grandmother's 'memorial' because of it.

But I'm glad that you can see the humor in it...by all means, keep that sense of humor. It will help; a lot.

hugs,

essie

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I have run into JWs working my street out in service a number of times. Gee, my street must be a popular one for some reason.

The last this happened I saw an old acquaintance I hadn't seen in over 10 years but someone I knew very well. His hair had gone completely white. I cracked up laughing and yelled across the street, "Mark, is that you??!!!" He and his borg wife kept their eyesight locked straight ahead, walking rigidly and looking very, very uncomfortable. Guess I gave them an apostate panic attack!

For a group that claims to have the insight track to a relationship with the most powerful force of the universe, they sure scare easy. LOL.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess they don't want you to come back, Bradley.

I wonder what part of Christ's personality they were showing?

Blondie (they all [non family that is] still say hi, rats!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit