Free Literature at the Kingdom Hall

by frankiespeakin 40 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

My brother told me about 8 years ago the CO got after him not to grant request for literature to those who look like they might taking advantage of the free offer.( At that time I still felt it was the truth) I told my brother: "Look don't do it be fair, don't go around judging people and refussing them literature,,let the Society change back to the old way,,they said the literature is free why should you have to start judging people so that Society doesn't loose money."

My brother I think followed my advice,,I was an elder at the time or had just stepped down i don't remember.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I have been doing just that for a while now. Every meeting I go up to the literature and get a 5 or 6 brochures, 4or 5 books then I walk over to the mag counter and get a stack of magazines. Then I go home and I throw them into the recycle bin.

But at the end of the month they show up on my service report of course.

wanna

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Don't forget to pick up your free literature at the Hall.

• tata
    tata
    they watch to see who is contribuitng and who is not.

I don't have that problem. My brother is in Bethel, so I ask him for literature. He thinks I donate in the KH and they think that I give $$$ to my brother.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just a little reminder to pick up your free literature at the meeting tonite.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just a reminder to pick up your literature at the hall,,and while your at it why not order extra,,I hear the magazines make excellent starters for the wood stove and fireplace.

• tata
    tata

LOL

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I was raised extremely poor and my mom cleaned houses and hung wallpaper, we collected food stamps, etc... but I remember her getting paid for a big wallpapering job, something like $1,000 (which was a TON of money to us) and her putting $500 of it into the contribution box to make up for her not being able to donate throughout the year.... she'd always do stuff like that.

Of course I never got a new pair of jeans or anything, always goodwill and handmedowns. But she always donated what she could to the society. That is what I think is horrid, taking poor people's money when they have nothing.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Well, tickled "nobody forces anybody to do anything"...................

Physically that is, but they remind you 100 times during the year!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Don't forget to pick up your free literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit