Free Literature at the Kingdom Hall

by frankiespeakin 40 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was thinking for all you guys who go the Kingdom Hall even though you know it's not the truth,, in order to keep from loosing all your friends and family,, why not take advantage of the WT free literature at your KH?

I mean the WT is forcing you to go to meetings with the threat of being outcasted from your family why not put a little dent in their finances but getting all the free literature you can and not contibuting anything for it. After all the WT is offering it free of charge.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Amen to that brother!

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

You sound bored right now like me. I mean how do you come up with this stuff. LOL Panther

• Gill
    Gill

Whoops! You mean we were meant to pay for it all!

• Preston
    Preston

I had the enviable position of working as literature counter servant when I was a JW. I was also asked to do a spreadsheet of all the magazines everyone was allotted every week for field service itemized by publisher, "interested ones", and people who forgot their Watchtowers on Sunday. When I gave up my position someone else took over and used my spreadsheet system. When I stopped going out in service, the literature counter servant informed me of the unfortuate position I was putting themselves in because I wasn't picking up "my magazines", and the cabinets were overflowing with 'em and they didn't want them to go to waste. The very last meeting I went to, I dont' remember I single person who talked to me, however the literature servant guy was the one guy who was determined to hunt me down and do everything in his power to get me "my magazines". I didn't pick them up.

later on, when I wasn't going to meetigns anymore they called and asked me when I was picking "my magazines" up. I told them I didnt care, and I told them to wrap them all up and throw them in a fire. Ha!, they made it sound like I had just insulted their family lineage, burned down their house, and tortured their cat! It was like I had just burned the American Flag at a Baseball Game....how dare ANYONE thrown them away! And there's the rub, the work is already done for you because everybody throws 'em out...even devout dubbies because thats all the literature is good for, besides its not like anyone keeps them anyway...all of the standard JW's get watchtower volumes every year...and if you're really special you got them from the 1880's on up. All I see it as a waste of space. It doesn't matter how much free literature you get from them, it will all end up in the garbage dump later on.....

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I mean the WT is forcing you to go to meetings with the threat of being outcasted from your family why not put a little dent in their finances but getting all the free literature you can and not contibuting anything for it. After all the WT is offering it free of charge.

I bet you won't get the "good stuff" at the hall without being a true believer.You might pick up mags but try for the deluxe items that would put a dent in the local congo and I am sure you would be stonewalled.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Poz,

Yeah, that's true, you couldn't hurt them very much because they have some safeguards but if you're forced to go to meeting against your will,, I suppose if your could cause the Wt to loose maybe 20$ a month you might get a little satisfaction.

I figured,, if say 20 people read this thread and do it, well it adds up, and who knows maybe as we increase in size the idea might catch on and really hurt the WT. I can only hope.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Way to go Preston on your thousandth posting !!

Welcome to the Jedi statis.

Love

Orangefatcat

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey Dave, I did that for years. I never took money from householders and never turned any in out of my own pocket (like they also suggested). That didn't seem to work, of course I wasn't part of a well organised diabolical plot like you just layed out...LOL...it might just work!!!

Hope your doin' alright buddy...I still owe you a phone call huh?

Congrats to Preston on Jedi staus!!!!

CC

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

CC,

I doing OK I'm at the shop some customer needs some parts first thing monday so I'm burning the midnight oil.

Hey if you see our friend RM tell him I said hi,,LOL.

I hope you and Tink,, are having a good week end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit