Hypocrasy?? Could it be?

by Seeking Knowledge 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xochsi
    xochsi

Thanks Frannie.

The judge can order that he have supervised visitation ONLY........to prevent him from messin' with the kids head.

Is there some precedence for such a ruling from a judge? Could not one argue that such a ruling, that is, not being able to instruct your children religiously, violate that parent's constitutional right? Sounds very interesting to me.

xochsi

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Is there some precedence for such a ruling from a judge? Could not one argue that such a ruling, that is, not being able to instruct your children religiously, violate that parent's constitutional right?

xochsi, yes, there is PLENTY of precedence for such a ruling. It's done ALL the time in cases of this nature. And in answer to your second question about the parents' constitutional rights, what about the child's rights? Children have rights, too.....not only to not be neglected by parents in any way, but not to suffer emotional, spiritual or physical abuse from their parents/caregivers. And this would come under the headings of emotional and spiritual abuse.

The judge will ALWAYS rule in the best interests of the CHILD.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Just make sure the judge knows that they believe the world is going to end, any day now, sometime soon - look out above you!

just kidding, the wtbts would have faithfully told us if it were next week or something.

• heart2heart
    heart2heart

I also found an instance in the book of Job, chapter 3:1-19. Jobs children seem to be celebrating a birthday when the tornado came and collapsed the house killing them all. The Satan's tornado did its job on Job's kids, not because they were celebrating a birthday, but because Jehovah apparently gave Satan permission to kill them as a test for Job. Nevertheless, Job and his family DID seem to celebrate birthdays. Job's burnt offering to Jehovah the next morning was not to atone for the sin of celebrating a birthday, but just incase his brats were sinning while having the party, " That is the way Job would do always."

xochsi

That's just it... whenever an elder or husband says a prayer for the congregation or family, does he not usually ask for forgiveness of their sins, whether or not they are aware of committing one? It's a "just in case" kind of thing, right?

My thoughts on the birthdays is that JWs have twisted around the reason why bdays are mentioned in the Bible... think about it, in the case of Pharoah's killing the baker at his birthday, could it be that it was written as proof that Joseph's intrepretation of a dream had come true? Isn't that the story that was being told anyway? The bday event was just a coincidence, how it worked out. Again, in the case of John the Baptizer's death, could it simply be that the Bible writers were letting people know how he died, what happened to him, just like anyone else important whose death they recorded (ie. Stephen)? The bday is just a coincidence. The same with Job.. of course, you never hear of that one from JW's because it proves that someone righteous did celebrate birthdays, or didn't care that his kids did. It isn't why they died.

2 (celebrating my bday in 5 days, so there!)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    think about it, in the case of Pharoah's killing the baker at his birthday, could it be that it was written as proof that Joseph's intrepretation of a dream had come true? Isn't that the story that was being told anyway? The bday event was just a coincidence

I've always wondered about this I seem to remember reading in NG once that the birthday of Pharoah was more like x-mas it wasn't really even the day that the person was born when the person BECAME Pharoah his "birthday" automaticly became such and such a day. See what I mean so if it was "Pharoah's b-day" was that even his actual day of birth or just the day that the nation celebrated?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit