Canadians

by Defender 62 Replies latest jw friends

• 68storm
    68storm

I live in GTA.(Woodbridge) I would like to meet you fellow Canucks if possible.

68storm

• outnfree
    outnfree

Well, I'm not Canadian, but I used to live in Palgrave, does that count?

If Had_Enough and PeterStride organize a gathering and ExpatBrit promises to come () I'm sure it'll be "worth the drive to Acton!" -- or someplace close! (Am I dating myself with that ad??? LOL)

outnfree

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

• peterstride
    peterstride

Getting together sounds good! It will give us all a chance to meet several more people that didn't make it to the BRCI conference.

Being a downtown Toronto boy, I have a few interesting places in my mind where we could meet, are easy to drive to, and have ample "free" parking nearby!

Is everyone in the Toronto area that wants to meet, free next week on....hmmm....I'm picking a day out of my hat here....let's say Monday evening, July 16th?

For out of towners it should be an easy evening drive since the majority of traffic is heading out of Toronto, so heading in should be a breeze. And by the time everyone heads home in the late evening, the traffic will be clear!

I can be e-mailed directly, if you so desire, at [email protected].

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• peterstride
    peterstride

Just bringing it to the top....

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey...I thought a few of us in South-Western Ontario (and just across the US border) wanted to get together!

So far I've only gotten 2 responses in my e-mail. Anyone else?

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Moxy
    Moxy

i work downtown, live in north york. i might be interested in meeting up after work somewhere downtown quickly, altho the 16th is out.

mox

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hi Moxy,

I didn't realize you were in Toronto also. Thanks for responding!

If Monday is no good, how about the next evening, Tuesday, July 17th?

Anyone else...?

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey 68Storm,

Tell me more about yourself. I can't seem to remember reading your story.

A bit about me: Male caucasian, mid-30s, born in the WTS, left quietly in 1996 after having doubts and questions for many years and finally reading Ray Franz's two books, grew up mostly in the Toronto area, divorced from a fanatic-pioneer JW, presently live in the Forest Hill Village part of Toronto.

Talk 2 U later,

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• MuzicmanCa
    MuzicmanCa

I am in Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia....

Any neighbors?

Muzicman

• Kismet
    Kismet

Either next Monday or Tuesday works for me as well. Most evenings are free. .... except Tuesday and Thursday... LOL gawd it still feels good not having to worry about such nonsense....

I am in Etobicoke but Downtown is good for me or North York can work as well. Just drop me a note and let me know. [email protected]

Looking forward to raising a pint or two with y'all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit