Jehovah Help Me Find My Keys!!! In Jesus Name Amen

by frankiespeakin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Missy,

Did she have an unbeleiving mate? Maybe he was playing tricks on her to keep her from the meetings?

• missy04
    missy04

Nah I'm pretty sure they were both brainwashed at that point.

~Sarah

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I don't care if it rains or freezes

As long as I've got my plastic Jesus.

(I assume that is why people have him in the dash of the car)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Very good post Frankie.

Losing one's keys is one of the most efficient triggers I can think of to at least one specific kind of instant, emergency prayer.

A slightly different kind (somewhat deeper and more thoughtful) is about health problems or other hazards on really beloved people.

I guess nobody asks for world peace exactly the same way.

There is something I find both pathetic and beautiful in prayers of any time, whether in the temples of the ancient gods or in church registers of pleas and ex-voto. Where the most trivial issues side with the most heartbreaking stories. Like an inside picture, or summary, of the tragicomedy of being a human subject in the blind and deaf world of "reality".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nark,

Are you waxing poetry on us?

There is something I find both pathetic and beautiful in prayers of any time, whether in the temples of the ancient gods or in church registers of pleas and ex-voto. Where the most trivial issues side with the most heartbreaking stories. Like an inside picture, or summary, of the tragicomedy of being a human subject in the blind and deaf world of "reality".

Yes, like "God please save the world,,kill the bad people, oh and while your at it can you please help me get a nice dress. oh yeah and p.s. In Jesus name amen.

Yes how totally tragic to have such a foolish notion of God,,with out a shred of evidence we offer prayer to a mere human imaginary contrivance.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Now that I think of it,, how foolish I was to believe God would want me to pray to him about anything.

I was made to beleive that God would feel hurt, or ignored, if I didn't keep talking to him and then wouldn't be helping me and if I stopped praying something bad would happen because God don't like it when you don't keep your attention fixed on him. (Powerful mind numbing stuff)

Total luniacy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit